We are looking for a dedicated and innovative Product Owner who will be responsible for defining product vision and managing the direction of assigned product areas. As Product Owner, you will serve as a communication hub and a strategic guide for everyone involved with these product areas. This responsibility extends throughout the product life cycle from ideation through development, launch, operation, and end of product life. As Product Owner, you will work with teammates with a shared passion for creating impactful experiences for our local government clients and their constituents. You'll set direction for the solution, take ownership, make decisions and see things through without a lot of oversight. You'll be expected to evolve strategies to gain a deep understanding of current and future client needs. This understanding will allow you to directly influence and act on product strategy and vision.
Work with technology-driven solutions that cover the full spectrum of the land development life cycle, including mass appraisal services, land and official records management, and property tax assessment and administration. From data collection to computer-assisted mass appraisal to tax billing and collections, you can help develop and deliver solutions that build thriving communities and fundamentally change how local governments operate in the future.Location
Dayton Metropolitan Area, Ohio | RemoteResponsibilities
- Act in an expert capacity for assigned product areas. Has a vision for moving forward with assigned product areas.
- Work with clients to obtain a detailed understanding of requirements, leveraging this understanding to write highly complex functional/technical specifications that will enhance products and solutions for projects.
- Create and maintain relationships with key personnel in Sales, Implementation, Support and Deployment Services to engage in requirements validation and to stay abreast of upcoming changes/additions to requirements as it applies to the assigned product areas.
- Collaborate with the appropriate Tyler teams to effectively communicate additions and changes to clients in the assigned product areas and the potential effect on clients' business processes.
- Responsible for design requirements and documentation with foresight for the future maintainability and growth of the software.
- Responsible for owning a prioritized backlog to ensure projects are handled in a timely manner.
- Influence plans and strategies to achieve the product objectives as related to the product area, including published product roadmaps that will articulate the product direction to both internal departments and external customers.
- Proactively communicate with senior management on the product's performance, any major issues with the products or any changes in the market or competition as related to the product area.
- Establish a regular cadence with user base to demonstrate new features, explain changes to product and share vision of the future.
- Responsible for launching new releases to the organization and ensuring successful adoption across product-line teams.
- May provide sales support by assisting in responding to RFPs as well as potentially performing on-site demonstrations.
- Contribute to the advancement of the team environment through integrity, leadership, and continuous knowledge transfer.
- Bachelor's degree Computer Sciences, Management Information Science, or Business. Equivalent work experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in software or related experience including but not limited to writing and documenting client specifications.
- Balance of technical knowledge and business acumen.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence and inspire stakeholders to drive collaboration and alignment.
- Proven track record influencing product direction.
- High degree of organization, individual initiative and personal accountability.
- Highly advanced knowledge of Agile SCRUM development processes and full software development lifecycle.
- Knowledge and experience with data modeling, relational databases concepts and understanding SQL queries.
- Must be able to occasionally travel.
#DICEAT Great Place to Work & Grow Your Career
Tyler is continually recognized as a great workplace locally and nationally. See our recent awards and accolades across Tyler Taking Care of You & Your Family
Your health and well-being are important to us. That's why we invest in our team members by offering competitive benefits to support their health and financial wellness. Learn more about how we care for our people
Tyler Technologies is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit your request by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 800.646.2633 ext. 791008. Please keep in mind these methods are reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a disability.