100% REMOTE - MUST BE LOCAL TO OREGON OR WILLING TO RELOCATE TO OREGON
Highlights of this role include:
- Work with stakeholders, clients, and business development to understand and articulate new client features and capabilities and effectively communicate them to team members and stakeholders.
- Create Agile epics and stories, groom the sprint team Jira backlog, define acceptance criteria, review demonstration of sprint work, accept/reject work, plan work for the sprint team three sprints out whenever possible.
- Work day-to-day with the sprint team engineers to scope and size work, establishing timeline expectations, and estimating/tracking cost of new features.
- Work with project managers to decompose requirements in user stories, set accurate expectations and contribute to client delivery plans.
- Work with leadership to identify critical gaps and drive solutions.
- Facilitate and lead collaborative cross-functional meetings to support strategy and roadmap.
- Stay informed of developments in the global energy industry.
- Work as a leader in the engineering organization helping to plan events and contribute to the culture of the Engineering team and company overall.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in Agile team required, Product Owner certification preferred.
- 3+ years engineering and/or project management experience.
- Ability to collaborate closely and build strong relationships with architects and engineers.
- Experienced in Agile software development and continuous delivery environment.
- Ability to work well in and with distributed teams.
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills.
- History of working in startups or another fast-paced environment.
- The mental dexterity needed to handle a healthy level of ambiguity, adapting to changing priorities and continuously finding areas to deliver value.
- Excellent knowledge of software engineering best practices such as Agile software development, version control, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews and design documentation Additionally, understanding of the global energy industry, a strong technical background along with familiarity of REST APIs, Microservices, System Architecture and SaaS are a huge plus.