Role: Unix/Linux/Production Support
Location: Salt Lake City, UTAH
- Act as a key point of contact for operations & development teams to resolve business critical issues.
- Infrastructure focused role
- Develop deep understanding of proprietary financial applications.
- Actively participate in Business continuity planning(BCP) activities.
- Scripting repeat support tasks to reduce risk and bring efficiency.
- 7+ years of experience working as a Unix/Linux/SQL/Production/Application Support/Perl/Python/Shell Scripting
- Good understanding of relational database concepts
- Strong UNIX/Linux knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or a related field
AppBank Operations is a 24x7, two city model unified production management team supporting the business application of the firm using cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business, sharing best practices while providing a critical mass to help drive transformation. The team also adopts various tools developed by AppBank Engineering team to automate failures using machine learning techniques, notify discrepancies in the health of production and automation of health-restoration, with a focus on continuous measurement of risk and cost. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Work actively with team members to analyze, debug and resolve the application issues
- Identify defects/discrepancies to identify the root cause by debug or analyzing logs
- Responsible for effective communication, escalation and engagement with users, application owners and senior stake holders across all areas
- Drive effort of application stability and performance with App Dev owners by observing patterns, reduce recurring alerts and issues for permanent fix or automation
- Identify recurring alerts and work with AppBank Engineering team to automate them
- Identify manual process to automate or build self-service using AppBank Engineering tools
- Challenge existing application setup, processing and suggest different ways to optimize
- Build/improve run books for Generalists to minimize operational errors
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of software development experience in one or more programming languages
- Strong data structure knowledge
- Excellent analytical and programmatic problem solving skills with proven ability to observe patterns, analyze root cause and resolve issues
- Good communication skills with ability to articulate the technical and functional aspects of the problem to help drive solution with App Dev teams and senior stakeholders
- Computer science background
- Knowledge of financial products, markets and regulatory policies.
- Experience in one of the following areas Java, Angular, REST API, big data such as Spark, Hadoop etc
Zaki Shaikh | W. 617.405.5409 | Zaki@hire11.com |