The Information Services Department is seeking a Client Tech to work in the Prod-Control / Batch Scheduling department. Responsible to perform and coordinate all production and test application schedules and system functions for multiple platforms including (mainframe, open systems and LAN systems) via Control-M scheduling application. Review all production daily cycles to insure all criteria were met and to resolve any issues that are outstanding from the previous day’s schedule. Evaluate, test and make appropriate modifications to new and existing application schedules that are being added into the production environment. Insure all existing policies and procedures are adhered to. Coordinate the effort to implement new and upgrade scheduling packages that are either replacing or being added to our existing environment. Assure that all system resources are available to accommodate schedules across all platforms. The person must also be able to perform problem diagnosis using enterprise systems and network management products, escalating problems as defined by data center management policies.
- Enter mainframe, open system, and Lan jobs through the software scheduling package (Control-M) achieving the best utilization of resources in a multiprogramming environment.
- Analyze, assemble and adjust daily, weekly, monthly job streams to maintain schedules as required by application owner and optimize utilization of equipment.
- Produce the appropriate schedules and check-off sheets for operations to allow them to monitor all the production systems running to ensure they are completed successfully and run in the proper sequence
- Coordinate all end user requests for AD HOC jobs, special production runs (implementing new applications, procedures or yearend work etc. assuring they run on specific timetables achieving the desired results.
- Assist with troubleshooting follow up and resolving processing problems. Coordinate and assist with application reruns and or recovery.
- Analyze all production abends preventing daily schedules from completing successfully and follow up with the end users and appropriate support staff (TSA, SDD, SSG, & End Users) whenever issues are uncovered that require their attention.
- Reporting status of daily work, problems, projects. Communicate all pertinent scheduling info to all involved groups.
- Skilled in batch scheduling techniques for a multiplatform environment.
- Able to exercise substantial independence of judgment in performing job duties.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding.
- Have minimum associate or technical degree in computer science or 3 years of related experience.
- Proficient with the use of the Control-M or equivalent scheduling application.
- Knowledge and experience with the following hardware/software technologies: Mainframe, Windows Server, Unix.
- Have knowledge / experience in service management application such as Remedy.
- Have scripting know/edge / experience is a plus.