U.S. citizenship is required.
All candidates must be able to obtain a Federal background clearance.
Applicant will be a member of a team responsible for the 24x7 effective operations and maintenance of the production jobs, job scheduling and reconciliation processes of a large government servicing system.
- Meets with Production Operations and Production Control managers and develops the deployment schedule, consolidating changes of similar risk to minimize system impact.
- Analyzes release strategies presented in all rollout meetings and addresses any concerns to the Implementation and Configuration Management teams.
- Executes the job schedule and run books 24x7
- Monitors and reports on job progress
- Provides job results on a daily basis to management and the Interface team to report to the end client on the daily Production Status report
- Provides output of successful job runs to other teams for quality control before submission to client and other client-designated partners, for example, fulfillment files to Fulfillment team before submission to Fulfillment vendor
- Provides logs and output files to appropriate team members when jobs fail
- Provides troubleshooting support to other team members to resolve production job issues
- Executes approved ad-hoc job runs
Required Skills and Experience:
- Understanding of UNIX and shell scripting
- Understanding of Windows MS-DOS and command-line execution
- Experience in data reconciliation between vendors
- Knowledge of job scheduling software required. Experience with SOS Job Scheduler a plus.
- Debugging job scheduling software related issues, analyzing and resolving them.
- Opening defects and escalating them to Development team
- Creating/Updating job schedule and preparing design documents for release
- Preparing work around for any unresolved issues until root cause analysis is done and resolved.
- Working as a team player to set up Development and Test environments for SOS
- Transferring files manually to Fulfillment Center using ftp and sftp protocols as per requirement.
- Communicating with external partners for Production Readiness Test.
- Flexibility in working with team members and work schedule as this is a 24x7 operation.
- Ability to work 3 or 4 days on and 3 or 4 days off as well as potential for telecommute on a limited basis.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience
- Ability to think “outside the box” and propose solutions to tough data related business processing problems.
- ITIL Foundations V3 a plus
- UNIX/Windows OS familiarity
- Scripting experience a plus
- MS Word and MS Excel experience a plus
Typically requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent
OmniSystems is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.