|Solutions Manager - PP |
|Arthrex Manufacturing Inc (US02) |
|Sandy Springs, SC |
The Production Planning Solution Manager is responsible for the Planning/Scheduling functional area within the manufacturing business. The key role of the position is to manage demand for GIS products and services related to Finite Scheduling within the business. The position will work closely with business partners to prioritize efforts that will require process improvement, project management or technical resources. The position will monitor critical business systems for overall performance and ensure timely engagement of resources to address any systems-related issues. Business functions that will be included but not limited to (Mfg., Supply Chain, Facilities, Maintenance, and Systems and Controls).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with business partners to develop an agreed upon approach for managing and prioritizing demand for products and services.
- Manage the portfolio of process improvement and systems projects and help the business prioritize according to their goals and objectives.
- Manage funnel of enhancements to key platforms and engage technical teams to determine appropriate commitment dates.
- Work with business analysts and program managers to perform the appropriate analysis and develop the business requirements for projects.
- Manage small projects and process improvement efforts.
- Develop business analysts business functional knowledge.
- Develop strong and deep knowledge of your assigned business function, including processes and intended use of systems platforms.
- Engage Infrastructure and Development COE teams in meetings with the business to expand their understanding of current challenges and emerging opportunities.
- Work with the PMO to ensure that demand for the business area is visible through regular status updates.
- Follow project governance and Management standards of the PMO and become knowledgeable of computer systems validation and software quality methodologies and tools.
- Collaborate with organizational change management teams to ensure adequate planning, training and communication for major business initiatives.
- Identify or develop key performance indicators in support of a business case for an initiative or project.
- Configuration experience with SAP APO Production Planning, Plant Capacity and Electronic Kanban
- Ability to troubleshoot issues in SAP and manage interactions with SAP support including researching and recommending OSS notes and creating and following up on Incidents with SAP
- Creating functional specifications and testing enhancements in ECC, CIF and APO
- Up to 25% travel required
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or Computer Science or related field required. Masters degree in Business preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working within a business function (e.g., Mfg., Supply Chain, Distb., Engineering) or as a business analyst.
- Aptitude for business software solutions with experience on an implementation team (preferred).
- Understanding of test management systems and experience testing software within IT or as a user preferred.
- Previous involvement in the deployment or optimization of an ERP system a plus.
- Previous involvement in the deployment or optimization of an PP/DS (SAP) system a plus
- Previous position in Pharma or Medical Device industry a plus.
- Experience working in a projects where multiple functions work in a matrix structure a plus.
- Experience leading implementations of Advanced Planning Solutions like SAP APO.
- Experience configuring the SAP s Core Interface (CIF) between ECC and APO.
- Experience setting up master data in SAP ECC needed for production planning, including BOMs, Routings, Work Centers and Production Versions.
- Experience creating process chains for scheduling of planning jobs in APO
- Experience working for a global company.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- In depth knowledge of relevant business software solutions.
- Experience with process improvement techniques and tools. Lean or Six Sigma preferred.
- Strong communication (written and oral) and presentation skills.
- Ability to work comfortably at all levels within the organization up to the senior management level.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
PC servers, workstations and laptops. Telecommunication equipment, cell phones and smart phones. Microsoft and Apple environment. Work with standard current computer applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets and data bases. MS Office, SQL server, Active Directory, MS Exchange, CRM, ERP and partner software applications.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.