Randstad is looking to hire a passionate and hands-on Production Supervisor. The perfect candidate has the ability to optimize best solutions for problem solving, broad technical experience, and manage production staff through communication. This role is 100% onsite in Elkridge, Maryland. If you are a Production Supervisor, please see the description below.
location: Elkridge, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8am to 5pm
This person will oversee the successful manufacture of complex, high tech systems in a fast paced, low volume/high mix manufacturing environment. This position is accountable for managing and motivating production employees while meeting cost, schedule, and quality requirements for the business. This position is for a hands-on leader with a strong work ethic and broad technical and administrative experience in a manufacturing environment. This person will need to utilize critical thinking, problem solving skills, and root cause analysis to drive continuous improvement. The role supervises production activities for 10-15 employees.
- Work with engineers and procurement to optimize best solutions for problem solving
- Provide technical support as needed to overcome challenges
- Update/change schematics and correspond with engineering to finalize changes
- Provide leadership, training, discipline and guidance to hourly work force
- Work with leads and management for scheduling and job assignments
- Manage production staff through communication of job expectations, planning, monitoring, coaching, counseling, disciplining, and providing performance evaluations
- Applicants must be eligible to work within an ITAR facility and to apply for and obtain the appropriate export control license from the U.S. Departments of State or Commerce.
- 5-10 years of manufacturing experience preferably in a low volume/high mix environment
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience
- Experience in monitoring and managing production performance through goal setting, key performance indicators (KPI's), and data analytics
- Electrical or communications background with an understanding of electrical theory, general networking protocols, and experience with testing equipment
- Experience in the automotive industry or HVAC with knowledge of hydraulic pumps strongly preferred.
- Associates degree or higher in an engineering field, science field or other related field preferred, or direct and relevant work experience
- Above average Microsoft Office skills and oral communication skills
- 2-3 years of MRP/ERP experience preferred, ideally in SAP
- Certification IPC-620, IPC 610, or J-Standard (Current or expired) preferred
- Experience in Lean Manufacturing with a focus on implementation and sustainment
- Experience in an ISO controlled environment preferred
- Forklift Certification (current or expired) / experience preferred
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Education: Associates
- PRODUCTION SUPPORT
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.