Production Support - API Specialist Job Type:
Permanent Job Location:
New York New York Job Description:
Production Support API Specialist
Our client is a leading electronic trading platform for a variety of fixed income securities and derivatives in the US and European markets.
We are seeking an API/FIX Specialist to augment the Production Support Group a team responsible for p roviding server and application support to the production and non-production trading environments. The candidate will be expected to provide technical support to external Dealer and Client users of the Company GUI application and API connections; track and resolve issues in the production and non-production trading environments; provide technical support for internal operations and sales groups; review and improve existing support processes, monitoring, and alerting. S/he will serve as the go to person on the team for FIX/API issues.
The candidate will work closely with application developers, the release engineering team, infrastructure, and business analysts to identify and resolve issues, and promote change within the environment.
The candidate will be part of a global support team, providing support to our trading environment between the hours of 7 AM and 6 PM EST (hours are staggered and set in advance). There will also be a requirement for the candidate to work outside of normal business hours, including rotating night and weekend on-call responsibility. It is vital that the candidate possess strong problem-solving, time-management, and communication skills.
- Act with a sense of urgency on identified issues in all environments, with priority given to problems in the production trading environments.
- Raise and track issues through the use of the Ivanti helpdesk ticketing system and answer internal and external inquiries related to the production trading environment .
- Liase with support and technical staff at Dealer/Client sites.
- Work closely with the Client Services and other Company teams to resolve technical issues in a timely manner.
- Participate in global support meetings as requested.
- Participate in night and weekend support and software releases.
- College Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or some other relevant discipline is preferred
- Ability to create / review system/support metrics to ensure excellence in service to our clients
- Strong working knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating systems
- Experience with FIX 4.2, 4.4, 5.0 SP2, API messaging, TCP/IP and Networking fundamentals
- 5 - 7 years of experience working in the Financial Services Industry
Benefits and Perks
- Working knowledge of the ITRS monitoring Geneos solution
- Knowledge writing basic SQL queries
- Ability to write basic scripts in ex. Perl, Python, Batch or Shell
- Control-M Batch Scheduling Experience (both administration and scheduling)
- Experience using Ivanti IT Service Management Solution (HEAT)
- Free snacks and coffee as well as occasional lunches and after-work drinks
- Casual dress-code
- Healthcare options
- 401(k) match
- Training and tuition assistance
- Other perks include generous time-off policies, stipends for gym memberships and similar, and access to on-site healthcare (starting in Q2 2019)