Vega is hiring!!! Actively searching for a Production Support Engineer with Mainframe expertise! This role is a long-term contract (with potential to convert to permanent for those who are eligible without sponsorship). This role will be performed 100% remotely.
Please note this is a night shift position. There will be a total of 40 hours across 4 days. This resource will have 3 days off, weekly. Shift starts at 6pm.
This position requires a Bachelor’s Degree – IT Technology Field or equivalent experience/training and a minimum 5 years related experience in data processing in a mainframe, midrange and distributed computer environment. Previous experience should include operational monitoring of multi-mainframe-systems and distributing platform computing with experience in providing first/second level problem resolution in a fast-paced environment, and dealing directly with clients in the resolution of these problems.
• Thorough knowledge of CA7, CICS, DB2 BASICS, DFHSM, FTP, HMC, ISPF, JCL, JES2, NDM, NET MON, OPS MVS, SAR, TMON, TIVOLI, TPX, AFP, TSO, Visio, MVS Utilities, CLIST and REXX.
• Base UNIX and Windows commands and structure.
• Knowledge of DB2 commands, functions, control tables and DB2 subsystems, DB2 Stored Procedures and some understanding of data sharing.
• Strong CA7 skills to create and alter new and existing jobs and job schedules.
• Experience in meeting project deliverables on time with quality results.
If your experience matches the requirements above, we would love to speak with you. We encourage you to submit your resume to this posting or to us directly at Be sure to reference Job ID "MW12830".