Your Opportunity Workplace Flexibility Program: We're proud to support our employees in a working approach that allows you to bring your best self to work - whether that's in the office or remote.
*Subject to change as Schwab is continually evaluating the current environment in order to best care for the safety and well-being of our employees.
- Most Schwabbies have the opportunity to voluntarily work in the office or at home based on their preference *
- When the firm is ready to fully return to the office, employees will have the flexibility of a hybrid work environment, spending some time working remote and some time in the office.
- Employees and managers can discuss and decide what works best for them, with additional flexibility available based on their role, business needs, and individual circumstances.
This is a support position in Wealth and Asset Management Engineering (WAM Engineering) to support the Investment Management systems. In this role, the candidate will work closely with internal as well as external teams to drive the strategic vision of providing Subject Matter Expert support to a suite of applications in Schwab Asset Management. The individual will be responsible for continuous improvements in the Level1 and Level 2 production support teams; improve and streamline critical business processes - Overnight batch process, Business Ready Checks, Health Checks Automation. In this business facing role, the candidate will be driving issue analysis and resolution, recommending solutions, and helping to promote the overall support strategy.
The individual will also interact with key business stakeholders, application developers as well as third party vendors and data providers for issue analysis and resolution.
What you are good at
- Proactively detecting, troubleshooting, and resolving all issues affecting production applications. This involves coordination with and escalation to development and external teams where necessary. This team owns all issues escalated to WAM Engineering until it is resolved or a workaround is provided to end users.
- Provide clear, concise, and timely communication to affected parties during the investigation and resolution of any individual or system-wide outage
- Responsible for ensuring the Change Implementation Management policies are adhered to for all changes deployed to Production.
- Work with development teams at the appropriate stages to ensure the support strategy guidelines are followed and new systems or projects meet the Production standards
- Constantly update knowledge repository, ensure information regarding any support related activities or issues are available and easily accessible.
- Responsible for servicing all requests for data or other activities that require access to Production systems
- The goal is to improve self-reliance and reduce dependency on the availability of development or external team resources for the initial troubleshooting and resolution of problems.
What you have Qualifications & Experience:
- Experienced Support Analyst with a strong understanding of Equities and Fixed Income and Order Management Systems used in Asset management
- Understanding of trade life cycle, straight through processing systems to enable the support analyst to assess business impact and communicate with business stakeholders effectively during incidents
- Be able to manage an outage incident, coordinate user communications, and other teams to help resolve an incident.
- Strong ownership mentality with a focus on customer satisfaction. Be able to easily communicate with business users in Data Management Group (DMG), Performance as well as external vendors and data providers.
- Solid track record in a production support role, understands incident/problem/change management and how to drive stability across organizations.
- Hands-on professional that understands both code and infrastructure
Technical/Vendor Product skills - Required
- Operating System : Windows Environment
- SQL/Databases (SQL Server): Understanding of tables, views, indexes, and stored procedures, and the ability to understand them by reading their definitions. Familiarity with SQL queries. Understanding of transactions, query plan analysis and database troubleshooting.
- Ability to investigate issues using Debuggers, Splunk , AppDynamics
- Data Conversion and ETL tool experience - Informatica
Technical/ Vendor Product Skills - Desired
- Tools: Source code management tools like BitBucket or any other CI/CD tools.
- Exposure to Monitoring Tools
Bachelor's/Master's Degree from a top tier university, preferably in Computer Science
5-7 years of support/developer experience in financial services, preferably Asset Management Personal Characteristics
- Strong problem solving skills with ability to analyze and understand data
- Keen focus on metrics and trend analysis
- Self-motivated with exceptional oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Ability to forge strong relationships and coordinate effectively with multiple parties during outages and actively communicate updates to Application Development and Business partners
- Detail oriented and organized with strong analytical skills
- Self-starter and ability to multi task with a can do attitude
Target Total Compensation: 87,600 - 134,000
Your actual pay will be based on your skills and experience -- talk with your recruiter to learn more. Why work for us?
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home-today and in the future. Explore further .
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at or call .
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.