FEi is a leading IT company specializing in Federal and Local Government data system solutions. For the past decade we have maintained a leading position in providing programming and consulting services in our primary areas of expertise- Behavioral Health Data Systems, and Clinical Trials Software Solutions for institutional systems of care.
At FEi Systems, we recognize that our employees are an important part of our success. We promote a team environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve professional and personal success. Currently FEi is looking for highly skilled, self-motivated and creative individuals to join our talented team of experts. FEi is an equal opportunity employer that believes in growing and promoting a diverse work force. Our employee compensation and benefits package is competitive within the industry and is designed to help employees meet varying needs throughout their careers and lives. If you're looking for a rewarding work environment that will challenge your mind and expand your horizons, then joining the FEi team may be right for you.
Job Summary: The Production Support Specialist will serve as a primary point of contact for all customers, both internal and external, providing technical assistance to customers and internal stakeholders. Answer questions or resolve system problems in person, via telephone, or from remote locations. Work in a deadline-driven environment collaboratively with the rest of the product team through every step of the software development process.
* Provide client support and technical issue resolution via email, phone, web
* Build rapport and elicit problem details from non-technical or technical customers
* Provide timely, efficient and pleasant follow up to user questions or issues
* Communicate customer priorities regarding bugs to project managers.
* Work with Developers and Business Analysts to understand new features being released.
* Work with Account Managers to convey release information to customers.
* Work with Release Manager to determine release schedule with customers.
* Document all incidents in incident tracking system
* Manage incidents to closure
* Interact effectively with customers and internal developers
* Escalate issues as needed
* Assist in generating training materials and customer facing documentation.
* College degree and 1-2 years of related work experience, or Associate degree and 3-4 years of related work experience, or High School diploma/equivalent and 4-6 years related work experience required
* Demonstrated ability to analyze and understand complex software applications with minimal direction from more senior personnel.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Must be able to work within tight deadlines and be adept at balancing shifting priorities and time management.
* Must be a strong team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
* Ability to accept personal accountability and ownership for areas of responsibility. Strong analytical skills with excellent customer service skills.
* Strong client focus and collaborative work style
* Ability to understand and explain technical information
* Skill in creating customer facing documentation
Location: Columbia, MD, Full time position with full company benefits.
NOTICE: EO/AA/VEVRAA/Disabled Employer - Federal Contractor. FEi Systems participates in E-Verify, a federal program that enables employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States by providing the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization. For more information on E-Verify, please contact DHS at (888) 464-4218.
Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, political affiliation, disability, or genetic information, except where it relates to a bona fide occupational qualification or requirement.