North Dakota Information Technology Production Support Specialist Job ID: 3016883 Salary Range: (105) $3,863.00 – $6,953.00 Location: Bismarck, ND Closing Date: October 05,2020
Status: Full-time, Regular
Type of Recruitment: Internal/External
Do you have a strong passion to change the world? Do you believe that you can make the lives of people better with technology? The State of North Dakota is looking for a Production Support Specialist to work with a centralized computing systems for mainframe, Windows, Linux and midrange Unix/AIX systems for state government. North Dakota Information Technology, Technology Division provides technical design oversight and support for enterprise computing, which allows multiple agencies to share common storage, database, and computer hosting. It also manages a 24/7 data center with multiple physical locations that provide the system hosting services, storage hosting services, desktop support and database management services to a variety of customers including all levels of state government, political subdivisions (cities and counties), higher education, K-12, public health units, local law enforcement, emergency management and libraries. This individual will help us fulfill our mission of empowering people, improving lives, and inspiring success!
The successful Production Support Specialist candidate will enjoy working with people in a collaborative environment, who can learn quickly in a rapidly changing technology landscape, and who embodies the core values that we follow as public servants for the State of ND: Gratitude, Humility, Curiosity, and Courage.
Summary of Work
As a part of the State of ND’s Technology Division, the Production Support Specialist will work on a team that provides s. The Production Support Specialist must be a self-motivated individual who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment with cutting edge technology.
One of the following:
· Bachelor’s degree in a computer-related field and one years of current and progressive experience in production and/or computer operations support that involved managing and controlling the job scheduler and monitoring, troubleshooting, and processing of programs and peripheral equipment
· Associates degree in a computer-related field and three years of current and progressive experience in production and/or computer operations support that involved managing and controlling the job scheduler and monitoring, troubleshooting, and processing of programs and peripheral equipment
· Five years of current and progressive experience in production and/or computer operations support that involved managing and controlling the job scheduler and monitoring, troubleshooting, and processing of programs and peripheral equipment
Preference will be given to applicants with experience working with the Tivoli and Automic job scheduler.
Tasks and Duties:
· Providing customer service by running daily user-requested jobs
· Create and schedule production jobs to execute in an orderly flow to successful completion
· Create and maintain reports and calendars
· Maintain generation data groups
· Train and assist co-workers and other agencies that use job schedulers
· Observe application monitoring software for job error reporting
· Configure job processes to create alerts on job error
· Computer system monitoring of hardware and applications
· Application configuration and support
Please make sure that your resume includes information to demonstrate how you meet the minimum qualifications as posted. Your work history will not be given credit if North Dakota Information Technology cannot determine that you meet the minimum qualifications.
All application material must be received on or before the closing date by 11:59 pm and must include the following documents:
North Dakota Information Technology does not offer or provide sponsorships. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
For more information or if you need an accommodation, please contact: Trish Moch, North Dakota Information Technology: Email: phone faxor TTY:or local at (701) 328-3190
Job Announcement Status can be viewed at: >http://www.nd.gov/itd/working-itd · Learn more about NDIT at: >http://www.nd.gov/itd · Learn more about Employment Benefits at: >https://www.nd.gov/omb/state-employee/employment-and-compensation/benefits · Visit North Dakota State government: >http://www.nd.gov