Hewlett Packard Enterprise is an industry leading technology company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry's most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive and more secure.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You'll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and maximize your knowledge. We also have a "reverse mentoring" program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce.
Enterprise Group works to streamline innovation and simplify IT with superior solutions. By combining ESSN (Enterprise Server, Storage and Networking) and Technology Services into one division, we gain a strategic advantage in our focus on "Converged Infrastructure". The HPE Enterprise Group supports our customers with the transformation and integration of their technology. We are there for our customers - come join us!
The Professional Services Consultant (PSC) role provides in depth technical and software expertise on SGI systems within the customers environment. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, customer-facing, technical expert across compute, storage and related software solutions.
The PSC will act as a primary technical interface to the customer, acting within a team of other PSCs and System Support Engineers, and must be able to recognize customer needs, interpret them, and produce comprehensive solutions.
The ideal candidate must be very comfortable in customer and partner facing environments. The individual will be well versed in the competitive landscape and adept at articulating the competitive advantages of SGI solutions.
The current opening operates within a team at a secure customer operational site. Teamwork and adaptability are key, as well as a willingness to learn all applicable hardware and software platforms and the interplay among them within a larger system. The PSC role is seen as a technical subject matter expert and is expected to engage in complex software analysis as well as hardware troubleshooting as required. Current, active TS-SCI is required.Active CI-Polygraph desired. Responsibilities:
- Identify and understand requirements driven by the Customers technical and workflow constraints.
- Understand and adapt to the customers' environment, objectives, and needs.
- Monitor system performance and recommends changes for improvement.
- Teams with Sales and on-site teammates in order to stay abreast of account activity, escalations, and planned upgrades.
- Manages system integration, software and hardware upgrades, and configuration changes as required.
- Utilizes system tools, diagnostics, and technical documentation to expedite solution delivery.
- Provides system and application support based off of the customers SGI installed systems.
- Develop task-specific applications or scripts as required within the confines of the customer environment
- Attain and maintain CompTIA Security + Certification.
- Maintain TS-SCI Security Clearance.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering related field or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years minimum experience in Computer Technology preferably in a High Performance Computing environment.
- Strong knowledge base of object-oriented development, Open Source HPC software stacks, JAVA, C++, Linux distributions, and Software Development life-cycles.
- Working knowledge of Lustre file systems, UNIX, and LINUX.
- Proven, effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with tape management, large, high performance storage and Hierarchical Storage Management Systems.
- RedHat Linux Administration and/or Development Experience strongly desired.