The Professional Services Engineer works on site at a Customer location as a member of the iDirect Government (iDirectGov) Operations Department and Professional Services team, serving as the single technical point of contact for the Customer. The Professional Services Engineer is the primary interface for the Customer, and Partners from the Professional Services team, in the development, design, implementation, and management of training and professional services required in support of iDirectGov network components. The Professional Services Engineer will support the sales teams in the development of strategic business opportunities for professional services. This includes presentation support, proposal support, scope analysis/requirements definition, budget development and demonstration support. The Professional Services Engineers attention to detail, excellent organizational, planning, and communications skills both written and verbal are essential.
- Candidate must present a professional image to the customer and represent iDirectGov in an appropriate manner while on site.
- Candidate must lead through demonstration, and continuously champion new, innovative ideas and processes while improving existing methodologies.
- Candidate will be responsible for:
- Very Small Aperture Terminal (VSAT) characterization within a TDMA environment
- Subject Matter Expertise in RF/SATCOM
- Systems engineering configuring carriers utilizing X, Ku, and Ka-band transponders
- Validate all link budgeting based on remote composition
- Technical writing in best practices based on network operations
- RMA processing
- Trend analysis, and daily operational support as needed.
Act as the main point of contact for security related issues as they pertain to iDirect Government to include (but not limited to):
- Performs customer hub installations, to include:
- iDirect Hub Acceptance Test Plans
- Customer 'As Built' documentation
- Support complex systems installation and startup at customer sites
Common Vulnerability and Exposures (CVE) alerts National Vulnerability Database (VND) alerts United States Computer Emergency Readiness Team (US CERT) alerts Information Assurance Vulnerability Alerts (IAVA) Information Assurance Vulnerability Management (IAVM) alerts National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) regulations Conduct internal and external training - locally and off-site
- Worldwide management and support of a multiple hub, terrestrially connected network.
- Perform system and equipment integration in accordance with government-approved documentation, drawings, test plans, and procedures.
- Providing technical support during the integration of hardware and software systems or subsystems.
- Providing recommendations for improvements on integration and maintenance of iDirect/iDirectGov systems, subsystems, or components.
- Develop forward-thinking, mission focused, enhancement implementation in accordance with detailed, system wide analysis.
- Providing configuration management on fielded iDirect/iDirectGov systems.
- Participating in mission planning and develop solutions to support world-wide missions.
- Providing system hardware and software documentation, including system operator manuals, equipment maintenance manuals, operator guides, and operating system software.
- Develop methodologies and implementation strategies for iDirect/iDirectGov systems optimization.
- Troubleshoot failed or degraded systems to restore network outages, and coordinate the RMA process for repair/replacement of faulty components.
- Candidate must provide weekly briefings and or detailed status reports.
- Candidate must communicate effectively with all levels of the organization, both internal and external.
- Candidate will direct and manage on-site support projects, Professional Service Partners and any third party suppliers.
- Candidate must have strong organizational skills, be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Candidate must have 5 years? experience operating Strategic and Tactical SATCOM Networks
- Candidate must have 5 years? experience supporting iDirect Systems
- Candidate must have experience operating a global terrestrially connected network hubs
- Candidate must have experience planning RF/SATCOM mission networks
- Preferred Certified iDirect/iDirectGov Installer/Operator/Maintainer
- Preferred Certified iDirect/iDirectGov Network Planner
- Preferred Certified iDirect/iDirectGov Instructor
- Candidate must have excellent written and verbal communications and inter-personal skills.
- Willingness and flexibility for travel is required.
- Candidate must be proficient in MS Suite of applications including: Project, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Visio and Outlook.
Security Clearance Candidate must have a minimum Top Secret / SCI security clearance.
Candidate must possess a minimum of a Bachelor?s degree or equivalent in technical experience.
iDirect Government is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or protected veteran status.