Program Manager, HR & Financial Systems
• The purpose of this position is to provide Management and Leadership to design, buy/build and deliver information technology solutions that meet current and future needs of the assigned business domain.
• Works with business and technology partners to execute projects that are part of the program roadmap. Also establishes IT process and standards.
• Collaborate with Client business and technology providers (Client, 3rd parties) to establish and manage initiatives roadmap, including current year and 1-5 years in the future. This should act as input to annual delivery planning processes as well as the technology capabilities and systems roadmaps.
• Provide oversight for new initiatives (custom or 3rd party) and development for systems that fall under the scope of this position (Marketing, Loyalty, Guest Communications, Mobile App, Website)
• Oversee resource management for delivery teams (internal and 3rd party) to ensure delivery expectations can be met. This includes establishing new processes where necessary to simplify management capabilities and work more effectively.
• Establish, execute and monitor technology capital delivery budget. Ensure delivery matches expectations for IT and the business. This includes identifying and managing any potential problems as they occur, and establishing new processes where necessary to simplify management capabilities and work more effectively.
• Ensure SDLC, SOX and Information Security processes are followed for systems that fall under the scope of this position
• Directly oversees group of Project Managers, Business Analysts and Coordinators to ensure the objectives of the group are met.
• Position requires direct communication to effectively collaborate with client and technology teams and cannot be done remotely.
• Position requires periodic travel as needed.
Leadership and Communication:
Responsible for providing input into design for Program initiatives and 0-5 year roadmap with Business Executives.
Responsible for maintaining contact with and providing status to their business counterparts, internal peers and external vendors and consultants.
Develops system and technology solutions to align with business demands and needs.
Completes reviews and has responsibility for their team members and consultants.
Provide vision/design of software/hardware solutions to meet current and future business objectives
Work with internal and external partners to oversee design, development and implementation of custom and 3rd party system solutions to meet the needs of the business objectives.
Works with Project Managers to establish high level workload plan and roadmaps.
Oversees project management teams to ensure all new initiative projects are completed in scope, on time and on budget
Act as escalation point for project team. Collaborate with business units, 3rd party and internal development to work through issues as they are identified and determine solutions
Enterprise Service Group Integration:
Works with their business peers and Enterprise Service Groups to establish oversight for project scheduling and overall IT communication. Provides oversight for all programs and projects in area of responsibility to ensure they follow standards and fit into the overall strategic plans.
Responsible for oversight of project artifacts to insure they are in line with all policies and procedures at appropriate stage gates.
Responsible for establishing and managing Technology Capital budget for area of responsibility for the coming year, executing to that budget during the year and working through any issues that arise.
Establishes relationships with outside consulting companies and sets expectations for needs in the coming months.
The client and its subsidiaries are committed to equal employment opportunity and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws. The client strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination and will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, military status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
Minimum Job Requirements
Bachelor’s degree in technology or equivalent experience (necessary to develop self-direction, writing ability, critical thinking, foundations of programming and software delivery fundamentals).
Possess or has made progress towards receiving a Project Management Certification from PMI or equivalent experience.
• 5-10 years developing solution/product design and associated roadmaps
• 5-10 years experience creating long-term IT strategies to align to business needs.
• 5-10 years experience establishing SDLC, SOX and work processes to ensure quality delivery.
• 10 years experience creating project plans, scope documents, business requirements, design, testing documentation and other deliverables within a software development lifecycle methodology.
• 10 years experience managing successful hardware/software development teams.
• Experience managing hardware/software solution projects that have a budget of at least $1M.
• Experience managing a portfolio of 10-25 projects (annually) with a total budget of at least $5-10M