- Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in relationship management or similar role.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Understands how to work with different people and different working styles across the organization and inside member companies.
- A strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Positive, energetic and dynamic self-starter.
- Ability to convey a sense of urgency.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and meet deadlines.
- Resourceful style; willingness to take initiative, manage multiple tasks and projects at a time.
- Sets a strong example for others by working collaboratively, and in a congenial, professional manner.
The Program Manager for Conferences and Executive Membership will join the ambitious group of executives who comprise the Professional Membership team. We equip professionals with the essential intelligence and tools they need to better lead their industries, grow their businesses and advance their careers. We provide a highly specialized service that builds on the power of journalism, the insight of company analysis, the ambition of our audience and the continuity of community.
The Professional Membership team is a high-performing, member-focused team of curious and ambitious executives who are passionate about delivering results in a high-growth, fast-paced environment. As part of the team which produces best-in-class conferences, events and member experience, this is a very visible and important role.
Confirm speakers for by invitation-only, editorially-led conferences
Managing speakers' confirms and all associated follow-up details such as agenda and other onsite logistics related to their participation
Monitor, manage and track communications between programming and speakers as well as editors and speakers
Manage speaker relations pre-event, as well as their onsite experience
Keep internal stakeholders (editorial, marketing, membership, sponsorship, press) updated on all information that is relevant to them in a timely manner
Schedule and run regular programming meetings with editors
5+ years conference programming experience with B2B or B2C brands
Passionate about content
Motivated by and responsive to deadlines
Drive to be first and to succeed
A strong communicator, both written and verbal
Extensive and ongoing knowledge of the competitive landscape
Ability to multitask and creatively problem solve under deadline and in live event environment
Demonstrate a high level of professionalism while working with senior policy makers and c-level executives and their offices
Travel is required
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Track communication between editors and speakers
- Run program meetings with editor(s)
- Keep the team (marketing, membership, sponsorship, press) informed of program updates and share any information that is relevant to them in a timely manner
- Organize head tables and assign participating editorial to tables (lunch and/or dinner)
- Write script for editorial host(s)
- Compiling and submitting lists of prospective speakers.
- Drafting invitations to speakers.
- Calling prospective speaker offices to get best contacts for speakers
- Calling to alert office that an invitation is on its way
- Extending invitations to speakers which may include in-person, hand delivery to speakers' offices.
- Following up with speakers' offices to confirm receipt of invitation which includes a series of regularly scheduled phone calls to impose urgency and FOMO, i.e. space filling up, other speakers confirmed, notable attendees.
- Managing speakers' confirms and all associated follow up details such as agenda and other onsite logistics related to speakers' participation in conferences.
- Monitor, manage, and track communications which come into editors’ alternate email boxes
- Manage pre-event plan with details regarding speaker arrival times and POC contact details
- On site speaker and moderator management which includes a detailed pre-event plan greeting speakers
- Post event follow up and thank you's to speakers and their staffs.