Lead Agile Program Manager: Global Architecture and Platforms Agile Program Manager Job Description1 Year Contract Remote, until January 10th:
Will be going back on-site for a schedule that would be Monday and Friday at home, and Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday on-site with some flexibility here as needed.
The Global Architecture & Platforms, Technical Portfolio & Platforms Management
Team needs a strong Agile Program Manager who will lead self-organizing and
self-managing teams and programs in applying and optimizing Agile practices to
maximize program performance and effectiveness.Responsibilities
- Operates as a team-based servant leader who enables the team to self-organize, self-manage and deliver for the program at the highest level.
- Provides a Program Governance and manages the overall delivery operating model
- Manages overall Program Budget in alignment to scope
- Drives the program in the coordination of major feature releases and helps ensure ongoing delivery of value to customers where multiple teams are
- Facilitates program level processes and execution, identifies and manages dependencies and risks, as well as escalates impediments.
- Coordinates and facilitates iterative program level planning ceremonies (such as Product Owner Syncs, Scrum of Scrums, Inspect and Adapt, Program Increment Planning, and System Demos).
- Manages and optimizes the flow of value via cross-organization collaboration.
- Proactively manages Program Risk through data-driven analytics and ongoing risk remediation efforts
- Drives the Product Owners, Product Managers and Agile teams to facilitate release planning preparedness.
- Provides transparency into the organizations backlog, providing visibility to work in flight, aligned to progress against defined scope
- Accountable for the overall program execution and delivery of work (schedule/capacity).
- Monitors and reports program health (i.e., progress of feature completion, program predictability) with the purpose to provide transparency on program delivery of value.
- Coaches and leads the program team in practicing Agile principles and leading practices, identify program/team training opportunities and solution/facilitate as needed.
- Coaches and mentors leadership in Lean/Agile best practices and mindset.
- Advanced understanding of Agile Principles and how they're applied in workplace culture
- Strong facilitation, coaching and mentoring skills
- Experience leading teams through resolution of program issues
- Strong communication, team dynamics, conflict resolution, mentoring, and servant leadership skills
- Advanced understanding of technology systems and the program's ecosystem
- Advanced understanding of lean and program budgets
- Strong and natural problem solving ability; comfortable with data and ambiguity
- Minimum 6 years relevant work experience
- Experience working with Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tools
- Experience with other agile methodologies, LEAN, Kanban, XP Programming
- Relevant certification preferred
Please feel free to reach out to me at or call me directly at regarding this position or any further positions we may be offering.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at