JOB SUMMARY EXPERIENCE WITH SECURITY PROJECTS PREFERRED
Responsible for leading all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects and serves as the main point of contact for those projects. Takes projects end to end from original concept through final implementation. Monitors and drives project performance by implementing project management best practices.MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Plans, manages, and monitors projects from concept through implementation for projects. Acts as primary project contact to establish key stakeholder requirements and project objectives.
- Establishes project management processes and methodologies to ensure assigned projects are delivered on time, within budget and meet high quality standards and Leadership expectations using the appropriate tools.
- Meets with internal customers of an assigned project to provide status updates and reports and gather project-related feedback.
- Responsible for handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Prepares preliminary and end result costing analysis for project teams, Project Leadership or department leadership.
- Develops options and recommendations to drive critical decisions.
- Tracks costs and performance, service levels and other metrics required to ensure project goals and objectives are met.
- Serves as a resource to project managers and project leaders to educate and assist them with implementing project management processes and making improvement/changes.
- Performs other duties as requested.
- Ability to read, write and speak the English language to communicate with employees, customers, suppliers, in person, on the phone, and by written communication in a clear, straightforward, and professional manner
- Ability to prioritize and organize effectively and manage multiple projects and assignments
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with peers and project members
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal instructions
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment
Knowledge and ability to use computer and software applications
- Ability to analyze and interpret data
Number of Years' Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- Project Management Certification or successful completion of a recognized Project Management curriculum preferred
Some travel may be required
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at