Job Purpose:What does a great Program Manager do?
You will have the opportunity to lead programs for strategic business initiatives including product launches, infrastructure builds and process improvement initiatives to ensure predictable, consistent and successful delivery of strategic initiatives. You will drive, plan, coordinate and manage larger scale scope and budget projects with a high degree of complexity and risk. You will also partner with key business stakeholders to ensure a successful start-up and completion of programs and projects, which may span multiple functional areas or business units. You will play a critical leadership role and serve as a critical issue escalation point internally and externally. In addition, you are the executive level communicator with the various teams throughout the program lifecycle. You will also be able to provide leadership, vision, strategic planning and support execution plans. Programs typically cross multiple business areas and third-party entitiesAs a Program Manager, you can look forward to:
You're the kind of person who:
- Providing a executive holistic view of the overall program and its respective projects to the organization and all stakeholders
- Developing and leading strategic programs that deliver successful product launches and process improvement initiatives while ensuring predictable, consistent, and effective program/project delivery
- Engaging all stakeholders and 3rd parties in the program, aligned on expected outcomes and informed throughout the program through ongoing communication
- Working effectively with Product, Marketing, Technology project management, professional services, third parties and Client Services teams as well as Fiserv cross organizational areas, including account management and sales, to ensure product launch efforts and readiness for client purchase and use.
- Delivering on program and project governance model, including agreed on roles, responsibilities, decision rights and clearly defined escalation path
- Ensuring success measures are defined upfront to promote alignment and actively managing to the expected project outcomes
- Keeping all stakeholders (internal & external) engaged in the project, aligned on expected outcomes and informed about what is occurring throughout program/project
- Proactively communicating the project's progress on an on-going basis, ensuring transparency throughout project lifecycle
- Providing leadership and key stakeholders with the information and venues to make effective, timely decisions
- Facilitating alignment and approach for all related Fiserv business areas to meet One Fiserv Objectives
- Understanding how the organizations work; showing the ability to get things done through formal channels and the informal network
- Contributing to establishing product launch best practices and leading continuous process improvement efforts to build the practice of quality delivery and excellence
Has proven leadership skills and business acumen. You have experience in driving large scale programs, change efforts and solid experience leading resources in a matrix organization. You are looking for an opportunity to utilize your strong communication and presentation skills when interacting with all levels within the organization. You excel in a collaborative environment and have a proven ability to understand complex business and technical concepts.Basic qualifications for consideration:
Preferred qualifications for consideration:
- Minimum 3-5 years' experience in large-scale project and program management
- Experience creating Confluence sites and working with Jira
- Experience driving large scale change efforts
- Experience leading resources in a matrix organization
Who we are:
- Experience working with a banking, financial services, and/or technology/vendor firm
- Experience migrating application to cloud, PKS, Mongo and Reddis.
- Experience working on client migration strategies and successful migrations for a positive client experience.
- Competencies across multiple software development life cycle models (including Agile, Waterfall and Scrum) management principles and practices, and the ability to blend them together in the transitional state to fit business, program, or project specific needs across a matrixed environment
- Ability to assess internal business processes and make recommendations for improvement
- Involvement in strategic product rollout a plus
- Professional Certifications a plus, such as PMP, Six Sigma•
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Strategic PMO part of Bank Solutions, a division that is responsible for providing financial services products and technology to financial institutions. The Project Manager for the Dev Ops Organization are responsible for managing and overseeing key strategic initiatives including strategic transformation funded tech debt upgrades and other initiatives while working with various teams to determine complete requirements and plans to successfully complete initiatives. Project Manager works in a Matrix organization with various teams across the enterprise.
various teams to determine complete requirements and plans to successfully complete initiatives. Project Manager works in a Matrix organization with various teams across the enterprise.Travel required
: Percentage/frequency of travel- 25%
FISERV IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DISABILITY/VET
an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Vet.