Join a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American's family of companies, National Commercial Services provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
IT Program management focuses on projects that involved software development as well as hardware/infrastructure projects. The IT Program Manager independently manages multiple large and complex projects on an ongoing and regular basis. Responsible for creating project roadmaps, risk management, budget management, and complex issue resolution. Duties include: assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, developing schedules to ensure timely completion of project, communicating project status and issues to team and management, acting to reduce risk and resolve issues. Implements and drives quality processes and industry best practices. Essential Functions
Supervision Received or Extended
- Independently manage programs or multiple projects, typically large size and complexity.
- Manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large-scale projects or a program.
- Develop project deliverables including project plans, schedules, and status reports.
- Facilitate meetings including preparing agendas and coordinating schedules and materials, documenting meeting minutes, following-up on action items; gathering, organizing and distributing project related documentation.
- Prepare program documents: program roadmaps, plan, scope, and schedules and established program governance.
- Participate in the creation and execution of project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Implement engagement review and quality assurance procedures in accordance with our methodology to ensure profitable and successful execution of programs as measured by goals and customer satisfaction.
- Minimize our exposure and risk across multiple projects; Conduct risk monitoring and controls during a project's duration to ensure ability to achieve expected outcomes, on time and on budget.
- Comply with and enforces standard policies and procedures.
- Required to perform duties outside of normal work hours based on business needs.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Supervises Project Coordinators and Project Managers
- Guides and advises less experienced Project Managers
- Manage people with diverse skill sets and reporting structures in matrixed organizations
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle
- Experience working in matrix organization
- 12 years' experience or more of managing large cross functional project teams
- 12 years' experience or more with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Excel, Visio)
- 10 years' experience with Microsoft Project and PPM Tools (Project Server)
- 15 years or more Title Insurance acumen and IT experience
- Strong knowledge of IT delivery methodologies (RUP, ITIL, Agile, Waterfall)
- Ability to create an environment that motivates, inspires and respects others.
- Strong leadership skills to inspire coworkers to attain goals and pursue excellence.
- Detail oriented possessing strong organization and planning skills.
- Strong analytical skills as well as ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Ability to build team cohesiveness across multiple projects to achieve successful program results
- Strong Management skills: Ability to lead and mentor project managers
- Strong Project Accounting skills: Ability to integrate financial data for multiple projects; develop project cost estimates and forecasting
- Professional communication skills
- Ability to provide executive level communication of program and project status to team and business owners throughout the duration of the program to make certain all impacted stakeholders have an understanding of risks, issues and activities related to the program
- Ability to anticipate and address issues openly and quickly
- Ensure that sensitive information is always tactfully communicated
- Ability to handle and resolve difficult personnel situations directly, using appropriate discretion and respect for the individual
- Listen to others and accept input from team members
Typical Range of Experience
- BS/BA Required
- MBA or MS/MA preferred
License or Certification
- Typically have 12+ years of directly related experience
- 2 - 3 years program management experience
- 2 - 3 years' experience managing direct reports
- PMP Certificate preferred
- CSM (Certified Scrum Master) Preferred
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Certification preferred
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.