Due to COVID-19, this position will be partially or completely remote for the time being. Eventually, the position will be on site.
Project management professional, responsible for executing the full project management lifecycle of IT projects and projects within assigned programs, that are intertwined and build off of one another to achieve larger, long-term strategic business objectives.
1. Responsible for the full project management lifecycle of all assigned projects and projects within assigned programs
2. Responsible for building and maintaining a broad view of intertwined projects within a program, coordinating each to help achieve larger, long-term strategic business objectives
3. Ensures projects are fully scoped, prioritized, and that requirements are captured
4. Ensures that project plans include the critical path, dependencies, milestones, tasks, durations, deliverables, and work effort estimation as appropriate
5. Monitors task execution, updates stakeholders on project health, and manages project closeout
6. Ensures that communications plans are developed and appropriately coordinated between communications managers, technical staff, stakeholders, and customers
7. Fosters teamwork, facilitates communication, and helps build consensus within project teams
8. Provides advice, guidance, and support to the project team, managers, and stakeholders throughout the project lifecycle
9. Conducts continual project risk assessments and provides recommendations for mitigation
10. Provides leadership with high-level visibility into all assigned projects and projects within their assigned programs, including status, progress, relevant issues and/or risks, and impediments and/or roadblocks
11. Reviews and analyzes project proposals and plans to ensure that scope, requirements, benefits, costs, resource availability, dependencies and timelines are all validated and documented
12. Reviews and approves project plans of external service providers or consultancy contracted to execute projects within their scope of responsibility
Bachelor's from an accredited institution of higher education in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field
Seven (7) years of related IT project management experience demonstrating a progression of increasing responsibility
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Project Management Professional (PMP)
Previous experience working in higher education
Experience employing project management methodologies (e.g. Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall, PMI, Prince II)
• Must be an organized, passionate, and goal-oriented individual, with a distinctive blend of higher education, IT, and business knowledge
• Able to function with autonomy, making sound and timely decisions as appropriate, and using good judgement to determine which decisions should be escalated
• Able to appropriately identify, assess and communicate risks, benefits, and alternatives
• Able to analyze complex, interdependent activities separating them into tasks and sub-tasks that are documented, monitored and controlled, adapting the given approach to the context and constraints of each project
• Solid understanding of IT concepts and experience managing large IT projects, translating complex technical and business concepts between subject matter experts
• Able to lead, oversee and ensure the successful delivery and management of multiple projects within scope, quality, time and cost constraints, adapting plans as necessary to accommodate current circumstances and managing customer expectations
• Effective influencing and negotiating skills in an environment in which their role may not directly control resources, along with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence
• Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
• Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one time meeting assigned deadlines
• Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite, TeamDynamix)
• Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
• Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position may travel 1% - 24% of the time
This position does not require security clearance.