Description Job Description:
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
The position is for a Program Manager to lead an equipment deployment and system integration contract for the Transportation Security Agency (TSA). The position will be located in Arlington, VA, in the vicinity of TSA headquarters. Alternate work sites may be considered.
The Program Manager has overall accountability and authority for leading the program and is responsible for managing multiple task orders related to the deployment of electronic equipment used for screening of passengers, airport personnel, baggage, and air cargo. The position sets program strategy, vision and tactical direction for program execution, requiring rigorous project planning and execution, including establishment of and tracking against a project baseline (scope, schedule, and budget), project status reporting, stakeholder coordination (TSA, airport authorities, airlines, subcontractors), supervision of technical and administrative support staff, oversight of subcontracts, and internal management reporting (e.g., financial forecasts, program reviews). The Program Manager will act as the primary customer contact on status and performance and must anticipate and fulfill customer needs to ensure their satisfaction and continued business.NOTE: This position is contingent upon award from the government customer. We'll move forward with the interview process upon notification of Leidos securing this contract award.This position will allow for telecommuting and remote work for the ideal candidate.
- Manage subordinate Task Order Managers for checkpoint and/or baggage screening technologies and projects at Federalized airports as well as other CONUS and OCONUS TSA locations.
- Achieve all technical, schedule, and financial targets of assigned projects.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to program master plans and schedules and develop control systems and reports that accurately measure progress, identify potential risks or problems in sufficient time for corrective action to be taken, and ensure the meeting of company's contract commitments.
- Develop customer and program enhancing partnerships with internal functional organizations; such as contracts, finance, procurement, manufacturing, engineering, quality control, logistics, and administrative functions.
- Interface with TSA, Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), subcontractor, and airport stakeholders.
- Represent Leidos in meetings with other stakeholders in the aviation community, including airport authority management and trade associations.
- When requested by TSA, provide briefings to TSA Leadership.
- Support proposal activities for Task Order and follow-on work.
- Participate as an attendee/contributor, speaker or moderator at industry conferences.
- Work with minimal direction and at a high level of independence in resolving problems and establishing an approach for a solution.
- U.S. citizenship combined with a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Generally has 4+ years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects.
- Current Public Trust security clearance and DHS Suitability (TSA EOD).
- Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance up to Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI).
- 5+ years of experience in Airport Project Management.
- PMP certification.
- BA/BS preferably in engineering or business-related discipline; Master's Degree in related field is preferred.
- Ideal candidate will possess 10-12 years of program management experience, preferably in Federal government Program/Project Management of similar projects, to include:
- Project baselining
- Integrated master plan / integrated master schedule
- Estimates to complete
- Earned value management
- Financial forecasting
- Identifying, analyzing and mitigating program risks and capturing opportunities
- Experience supporting airport site design and construction.
- Leadership and management of geographically dispersed teams.
- Ability to work across functional organizations to include finance, program management and procurement to manage diverse tasks, requirements and commitments and interface successfully with numerous disciplines.
- Strong communication skills and comfortable presenting to customers both virtually and in-person.
- Ability to thrive and create professional resolutions in adverse situations with minimal guidance or oversight.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25% of the time to various project sites
- Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office tools (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project)
- Demonstrated experience working on TSA projects.
- Comprehensive understanding of TSA-approved screening equipment and protocols is desired.
- Understanding of basic building code requirements and of general construction practices, including new facility construction, upgrades of existing facilities, and other related construction work.
LeadGenPMExternal Referral Bonus:
EligiblePotential for Telework:
YesClearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the timeScheduled Weekly Hours:
Standard Plus On CallRequisition Category:
Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.