Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today! Duties & Responsibilities MSC is currently searching for an IDIQ Program Manager to support a IT Program. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Silver Spring, MD.
Serves as the Program Manager working with the Government Contracting Officer (CO), the contract-level Contracting Officer's Technical Representative (COR), task order-level COR(s), government management personnel and customer agency representatives. The Program Manager is responsible for the overall management of the specific task order(s) and ensuring that the technical solutions and schedules in the task order are implemented in a timely manner.
Skills & Responsibilities:
- Establish and maintain program management support services, tailoring the project management approach to team and project needs.
- Organizing, directing, and managing all aspects of contract operational support functions involving multiple task orders that require managing teams of contractor personnel at multiple locations.
- Manage and maintain contractor interface with senior levels of the customer's organization.
- Provide overall direction of program activities.
- Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project and meeting deadlines of project.
- Familiar with the project scope and objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
- Analyze project management and task order management needs and tailor industry best practices to suit the environment; apply a wide range of traditional and agile principles to provide responsive and effective project management solutions.
- Apply knowledge of federal government planning, programming, and budgeting as well as resource planning and execution processes to support customer program planning, decision briefings, and progress assessment across multiple projects.
- Develop templates, procedures, and guidelines for managing project information and deliverables.
- Establish a central repository for project documentation and reporting.
- Work with stakeholders to define clear project objectives and requirements, agree on priorities, communicate progress updates and demonstrations, and provide responsive change management in frequent planning/re-planning meetings.
- Document requirements in business cases, project charters, and project plans; update these documents to record progress and changes.
- Work with cross-functional teams with diverse technical skill sets to support successful project completion; re-plan and adjust project course based on realities of team velocity and dynamic business/user needs.
- Track progress and report on status and metrics at task/work package and project level.
- Create project management dashboard for providing timely progress information to project teams and customer management.
- Raise issues and exceptions; follow-through to resolution.
- Devise clear risk mitigation strategies and engage appropriate stakeholders.
- B.A. Degree
- 7 Plus years of experience in project or program management, management reporting, or task monitoring.
- Experience working with FDA/HHS highly desired.
- Experience as a manager for a large enterprise program.
- Client interface experience; proven experience managing client expectations & relationships.
- Prior experience managing and/or participating in integrated teams including client and other third-party vendors.
- Proven knowledge of program management, performance management, finance, and governmental procurement.
- Experience working in agile environments is a plus.
- Experience in research organizations.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English.
- Project Management Institute (PMI) certified Project Management Professional (PMP) required.
Medical Science & Computing (MSC), a Dovel company, is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.