VariQ has an exciting opportunity for a highly qualified Program Manager
to support the Department of Homeland Security
(DHS) Immigration and Customs Enforcement
(ICE) contract.Additional Information:
- Salary: Market rate/dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: Active DHS clearance highly desired. Ability to attain is required.
- Available: ASAP
- Location: Arlington VA/Tysons Corner VA with occasional travel to DC
- Serve as a point of contact (POC) for all work under this contract. The corporate representative shall have full authority to act for the Contractor on all contract matters relating to the daily operation of this Contract. An alternate shall also be designated, but the Contractor shall identify those times when the alternate shall be the primary POC.
- The Contractor shall propose a team organization structure with key personnel that meet the required skills set below. The Government expects that the project and or activities will not be impacted by hour constraints, specifically for the key personnel.
- Lead a software development team in an Agile environment.
- Utilize JIRA to track progress with contract requirements.
- Lead multiple teams consisting of project managers, technical leads, and business analysts to execute tasks with independent release schedules
- Define all project activities and milestones required to meet objectives and deliverables, properly sequencing tasks and estimating effort with project team members doing the work, determining the critical path, and leveling the project schedule
- Monitor program execution to identify obstacles and deviations from plan and takes corrective action as needed
- Conduct continuous risk assessment and management including developing measures to reduce risk in program execution
- Develop metrics and reports for tracking program execution
- Lead all aspects of configuration management planning including configuration identification, change control, configuration status accounting, configuration audits, configuration documentation
- Provide contract management, budgeting, and resource allocation, including management of subcontractor personnel
- Develop of plans, assigning tasks, monitoring performance, communicating progress, resolving conflicts, and escalating issues
- Bachelor's degree with eight (8) or more years of relevant experience in an Enterprise software development environment, certifications must be achieved within three (3) months after contract award: Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Project Management experience in an Agile Software Development environment, including methodologies related to software lifecycle management (SDLC)
- Technically competent with Microsoft Project (MP), Experience with requirements tools and tracking (e.g. JIRA)
- Experience leading multiple teams consisting of project managers, technical leads, and business analysts to execute tasks with independent release schedules
- Active DHS clearance highly desired. Ability to attain is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.