VariQ has an opening for a Program Manager
supporting a funded project located in Arlington, VA/Remote. Additional Information:
- Location: Arlington, VA. Currently fully remote during COVID. Must live in DMV and be prepared to go onsite as needed.
- Security Clearance: Ability to attain public trust required
- Salary: dependent upon experience
- Available: upon award
The Project Manager is responsible for all services performed under this project. The Project Manager is the single point of contact for the Contracting Officer and the COR. The Project Manager is the senior level employee provided by the Contractor for this work effort. The Project Manager must have experience working within the financial services arena as well as 8+ years of project management experience in the software development space.
The environment will include Web Development (HTML/CSS/.Net) and Software Development (Angular, Node JS, SQL, Mulesoft, J2EE ) Containerization (Docker/Kubernetes), and Automation Technologies/DevOps (Chef/Puppet).Responsibilities
- Responsible for all services performed under this project
- Serve as the single point of contact for the Contracting Officer and the COR.
- Produce the documents necessary as part of the Acquisition Lifecycle Framework and Systems Engineering Life Cycle Directives and Instructions
- Meet all stated contract deliverables
- Manage workforce within budget
- An active PMP Certification.
- Experience leading software development projects in an Agile environment in the financial services space (FDIC, OCC, SEC, MINT, Treasury, Etc.).
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or an IT related field.
- 15+ years of professional experience total, 8+ years project/program management experience.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience leading DevSecOps/DevOps projects.
- Formal training or certification in Agile software development methods.
- Demonstrated experience in producing the documents necessary as part of the Acquisition Lifecycle Framework and Systems Engineering Life Cycle Directives and Instructions.
- Demonstrated experience with the management, manpower utilization, and supervision of employees (including subcontractors) of various labor categories and skills in projects similar to the requirements of the project.
- Demonstrated experience in a quality assurance environment for requirements similar to those in this project.
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, including experience in presenting material to senior Government officials.
- Experience leading agile teams, technology programs, and distributed multi-stakeholder programs.
- Proven ability to engage with technical, business, and mission personnel as well as provide briefings and reports to senior Leadership.
- Familiarity with Enterprise technology processes and guidance, such as SDLC, highly desirable.
- Ability to manage large multifaceted teams in a flexible and adaptable environment.
- Familiarity with acquisition, management, reporting, compliance, and technology standards and requirements.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderateNote
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.