VariQ is seeking a Program Manager
with a deep understanding of the DHS USCIS
mission, operations, and technical environment.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience as a practitioner of the SAFe Agile software development framework, leading multiple agile software development teams, managing day-to-day client interactions, and providing managerial and technical thought leadership within a USCIS program. The Program Manager will drive the execution of user-centric design, user interface prototyping/development, and the production of templates and interfaces. The Program Manager will lead a team that continuously improves and evolves the product architecture, user experience, Agile development, and DevSecOps practices through business, solution, enterprise data and security architecture support. The candidate will have demonstrated organizational skills and business acumen with the ability to maintain composure in a dynamic and evolving environment.Additional Information:
- Location: DMV area
- Salary: Dependent upon experience
- Security Clearance: Must be able to obtain a DHS/USCIS EOD Public Trust Clearance
- Available: upon award, currently in the proposal stage
- Manage Agile/Scrum software development environments to include daily scrum meetings; biweekly (typically) sprint planning, review, retrospective, and backlog grooming meetings; and planning sessions for multiple technical teams.
- Facilitate and prepare for external end-of-sprint demonstrations with product owners and stakeholders.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting.
- Lead efforts to:
- Develop and deploy of analytical capabilities.
- Develop and deploy architectures to support data visualization and dashboarding.
- Develop and deploy API-based data services.
- Develop and deploy cloud-based services.
- Assess and incorporate advanced technologies such as AI/ML to enhance data collection, reporting, and visibility.
- Must hold an active PMP certification.
- Bachelor's degree is required, typically in fields such as Computer Science, Management, or Information Technology, or a related field.
- 10+ years of management experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a program manager within a government program
- Experience in implementing SAFe Agile methodology.
- Experience using Agile backlog management tool(s); preferably JIRA.
- Strong self-organization and self-management skills with emphasis on self-initiation and follow-through; interest in and affinity to create new projects and see them through to completion.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Deep understanding of the DHS USCIS mission, operations, and technical environment.
- Relevant SAFe certifications (e.g. ASE, PC, RTE, PO/PM, ASM, SM, Agilist)
- Experience with Cloud technologies such as Amazon Web Service and Azure Cloud.
- Experience managing projects using concepts such as CI/CD, DevOps, or DevSecOps.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- This job description is not designed to cover a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities are subject to change at any time. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
- All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
VariQ is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class. We consider diversity and inclusiveness to be core to our culture, and central to our commitment to fostering an empowering and supportive workplace.