Job Description: JOB SUMMARY:
The Defense and Intelligence Group of Leidos has a career opening for a Program Security Specialist to support a fast paced and high visibility DoD Research and Development Special Programs Office (SPO) in Adelphi, MD. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Security Specialist to provide direct, embedded support to the U.S. Government customer organization Program Security Officer, Program Manager, Engineer, and contractor facilities. This position provides support to the SPO in managing and administering several Special Access Program (SAP) work environment and program oversight responsibilities. The candidate will directly manage the SPO's internal Information Security (INFOSEC), Physical Security (PHYSEC), function as the Top Secret Control Officer (TSCO), Communications Security (COMSEC), and Media Control functions. This position also requires other security and technical support as needed by the customer. The candidate will maintain office records and populate computer database systems to track security information.
This position may work independently, or as a part of small cross-functional teams including technical, contractual, managerial and administrative personnel. This position requires familiarity with DoD Security program directives, regulations and policies for personnel, facility and information security. \\
Additional required characteristics include a strong attention to detail and the ability to work independently to follow tasks through to their completion.
Additional preferred characteristics include: previous experience as a Program Security Representative (PSR), Contractor Program Security Officer (CPSO) or Facility Security Officer (FSO); and, Working knowledge of DoD SAP Security Manuals, JAFAN Series, ICD 705, NISPOM, JPAS, and ISFD.
Travel up to 10% to locations within the continental US.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintain program security databases
- Implement and maintain Top Secret Control Officer (TSCO) Procedures
- Implement and maintain Media Control Plan
- Organize and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) Physical Security Paperwork
- Conduct alarm testing and maintenance
- Assist with Personnel and Industrial Security Programs (PERSEC)
- Develop for review, revise, and implement government approved standard operating procedures (SOPs) for various security areas
- Work under the direction of the task lead and senior team members with feedback from the supported government customer
- This position will also assist with test planning and support, to include:
- Assist with test plans and technology demonstrations
- Requires a BA degree and 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience (additional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree)
- Strong computer and communication skills, and full command of MS Office applications
- Familiarity with DoD security manuals, directives, regulations and policies for personnel, physical, COMSEC, and information security
- Ability to pursue Security Professional training toward the completion of professional accreditation
- Ability to travel up to 10% to locations within the continental US
- Successfully complete a post-hire Special Access Program briefing
- Currently possess an active DoD Top Secret security clearance
- DoD Security Specialist/Professional certification (SFPC)
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment to organize and analyze information from disparate sources
- Previous experience within the DoD Special Access Program offices (SAP)
- One year of relevant experience in a comparable position with a DoD organization