To participate with IT team and other SSC departments in the development, implementation, and maintenance of computer-based information systems; to install, troubleshoot, maintain, and modify computer and network system software; and to provide input regarding vendor-proposed hardware and software additions and changes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages Company programming environment. Creates departmental standards for design, programming, and data management.
- Works with department heads and other stakeholders to design systems and programs and coordinates the review of specifications and user approval.
- Writes program code according to departmental programming standards and design specifications and determines appropriate language and environment for the program.
- Designs, programs, tests, implements, and documents program logic.
- Designs program controls and conversion and control procedures.
- Organizes databases and documents data movement.
- Prepares operation instructions and coordinates all aspects of implementation and training to support new programs/system including end user training and documentation.
- Documents procedures and operation methods.
- Prepares test data and analyzes program performance during testing.
- Performs additional duties and responsibilities as requested.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or equivalent experience.
- Three or more years of experience as an application programmer.
- Good general knowledge of information system design methods, techniques, and standards.
- Experience developing applications with Visual Studio/VB.Net or C# language required. Ability to support existing VB.Net programs required.
- Proficiency in SQL and writing SQL queries required.
- Proficiency in Crystal Reports or SQL Reporting Services required.
- PowerBI and data analytics skills preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required. Ability to effectively interface with all levels of employees and vendor representatives. Must be an effective listener.
- Excellent planning and organization skills required.
- Ability to maintain confidential information and demonstrate sound judgment by taking the appropriate actions regarding questionable findings or concerns.
- High degree of professionalism and integrity required.
Since 1952, making “Stainless Steel and Nickel Alloy Plate Products” has been and still remains our one and only business. We know it better than anyone else in the world. Sandmeyer Steel Company is committed to being the most knowledgeable, responsive and reliable source of defect-free stainless steel and nickel alloy plate products – delivered to our customers on time and at a competitive cost.