Looking for a programmer / pipeline developer with some experience as a technical artist creating visual effects in Unreal, Maya or Motionbuilder. We are looking for someone with experience designing workflows and tools to support teams of artists who are creating and animating assets for motion picture visual effects.
Production Engineering supports workflow infrastructure and builds software to help our crew make movies. One of our responsibilities is the virtual production system used for motion capture shoots. As a technical director, you will act as liaison between artists and developers, interacting directly with both. You will help artists learn our tools and workflows and communicate problems back to the developers when necessary.
• Provide frontline artist workflow support at a facility in Los Angeles.
• Troubleshoot software and liaise with the developer team to get issues resolved.
• Work with developers to identify underlying causes and propose artist-friendly solutions.
• Work with the release manager to test new software and workflows.
• Work with artists to demonstrate new software and workflows and gather feedback.
• Currently reside in, and have the right to work in, the United States
• 2+ years professional experience in the VFX industry as a technical director or pipeline developer
• 2+ years professional experience as a software developer (preferably using Python)
• At least 1 year's work in Unreal Engine (required)
• Experience working on games implemented using Unreal
• Experience using Maya or MotionBuilder in complex environments.
*“Production experience with Shotgun Toolkit an enormous plus
• Be comfortable in Windows and Linux development environments.
• Be curious about the underlying concepts, practices, and limitations of VFX.
• Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Enjoy exciting and customer focused environments!
H1 candidates may apply
13101 W Washington Blvd., Suite 246 Los Angeles, CA, 90066Contact