Publix Super Markets, Inc. is the largest privately-owned food retailer in the nation with more than 1,200 stores and more than 200,000 associates throughout the Southeast. We are associate-owned, proud of our family atmosphere, and consistently named as one of the best companies to work for in America. We are largely debt-free and renowned for our financial performance as well as our premier customer service. Publix s Information Services (I/S) department is located in Lakeland, Florida and Alpharetta, Georgia and employs over 1000 associates. I/S provides the information technology required for all Publix business units including retail stores and all office and warehouse environments. The Publix I/S mission is to maximize the value of information technology to Publix associates and customers.The Publix Payment Services Team is seeking a Programmer Analyst who will be responsible for:
- coding and testing of moderately complex in-house and externally developed retail applications
- serve as primary contact and provide on-call support, including after hours, for various assigned systems and components
- performing problem determination and resolution for complex problems, and
- analyzing root cause by researching current application logs, then designing and testing a solution.
Additional responsibilities will include playing a key role interacting with enterprise teams to define and develop solutions for applications using various methods, tools and utilities.
Further duties include creating, debugging, documenting and configuring packages, maintaining system components and user and technical documentation for new and existing programs based on provided programming specifications.
The most suitable hire for this position will be a technical candidate with strong analytical, planning, problem solving, writing and presentation skills and one who has the ability to communicate effectively with management, peers, technology vendors and business unit customers. Position will require on-call support.
- Bachelor s Degree in Computer Science or a related analytical field, or equivalent experience
- Two years of coding experience
- Two years experience developing and supporting enterprise applications
- Two years of experience with SQL
- Two years of experience developing ASP.NET MVC applications
- Two years of coding experience programming using C#
- Understanding of Object Oriented (OO) concepts and multi-tiered development strategy
- Ability to develop new applications within SCRUM/Agile methodology
Employee stock ownership plan that contributes Publix stock to associates each year at no cost
- Five years experience developing, and supporting enterprise applications running in a multi-platform distributed environment
- Experience with Visual Studio 2015 or Visual Studio 2017
- Experience with Microsoft PowerShell
- Three years experience with Retail concepts and related application software
- Experience with Test Driven Development TDD
An opportunity to purchase additional shares of our privately-held stock
401(k) retirement savings plan
Group health plan (with prescription benefits)
Group dental plan
Group vision plan
Long-term disability insurance
Company-paid life insurance (with accidental death & dismemberment benefits)
Free hot lunches (buffet-style) at facilities with a cafeteria
Paycheck direct deposit
Access to over 50 discount offers including discounts on computer, vehicle and wireless purchases
6 paid holidays (associates can exchange the following holidays with their manager s approval: New Year s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, and Labor Day).