Do you enjoy working with a team? Are you focused and efficient? If so, Consolidated Grain and Barge (CGB) wants to hear from you! Our company is seeking an experienced and professional Programmer Analyst to join us. Your strong commitment to team dynamics, along with a keen eye for detail will be the perfect complement to this existing team of IT specialists.
CGB, one of the largest shippers of grain on the inland river system, is an innovative and progressive leader in the grain and transportation industries since 1970. Today, CGB operates a global enterprise overseeing a diverse family of businesses that provide an array of services for customers on a global scale.
In this role you will:
- Develop web applications to support CGB's Business Units
- Help maintain the current applications that support CGB's Business Units
- Recommend improvements to application architecture to improve the maintainability and performance of CGB's applications
Apply today if you:
- Communicated and presented technical considerations to IT and business sponsors
- Completed analysis of business processes, designed, and implemented a programming solution
- Worked on team projects that have used the Agile Software Development Methodology.
- Are very experienced creating solution in the .Net Stack
- Have an excellent understanding of object-oriented programming (OOP) patterns and practices including the model-view-controller (MVC) architectural pattern
- Have strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Strong communication, organizational, prioritization and leadership skills
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to determine root causes and corrective actions
- Over 5 years of experience developing solutions in .Net environment
- Worked on projects where you have:
- Implemented the MVC pattern, and used established OOP patterns and practices
- Created complex TSQL statements
- Used the Entity Framework or similar ORM's
- Used an Agile project planning tools such as TFS or Jira
- Reviewed other team members code and offered coaching and insight
- Experience in mobile development would be a plus, but not required
- Bachelor's degree preferred
As a large, successful company that prides itself on its stability, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package which includes the following: medical and prescription drug, dental, vision, life & disability insurance, 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness program, recognitions programs, community involvement opportunities and much more! Salary is commensurate with experience.