Under the guidance of the Applications Development Manager, the Programmer Analyst III develops in-house web applications for our client. The programmer is expected to conduct system analysis, development and routine maintenance, with limited support from professional staff, to keep systems current with changing technologies. Will assist other programmers by analyzing user needs and designing web solutions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review, analyze, modify and maintain programming systems including encoding, testing, debugging and documenting applications to produce a consistent visual image and functional application.
- Design, program, maintain and monitor stored procedures.
- Assist with the graphical design, site planning and layout of web applications and websites as needed.
- Works with business content owners and a variety of content providers, departments, and divisions of the company to provide advice to management on architectural concepts and functional capabilities as needed.
- Monitors assigned helpdesk activities to ensure requests or issues are addressed in a timely manner.
- Works closely with the rest of IT team to assist in identifying Web systems improvements for current or future projects.
- Researches technologies to keep abreast of latest development and programming tools, training, hardware, etc. to recommend new technologies to be utilized.
- May require travel on a special needs basis, up to 20%
- Participate in the Company s 24x7 support service commitment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience working with Angular, BootStrap and LINQJS.
- Experience with .NET Framework 4.0+.
- Experience with ASP.NET Core a plus.
- Experience in supporting and maintaining multi-platform applications.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL databases and creating complex queries. Oracle and other databases a plus.
- Experience with database design.
- Experience with SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Experience with using Team Foundation Server.
- Time management, project management and organizational skills.
- Good communication skills to work with a variety of people on a variety of projects.
- Experience with using project management techniques and processes and project plans.
- Experience with IIS. Experience with Apache a plus.
- Experience with MVC, MVC Web API and Entity Framework.