Provident Credit Union is member-owned, trusted, financially sound, technologically advanced, and provides "world class" value, convenience, products and services to all members. We are headquartered in Redwood Shores, CA and have 21 branches located throughout the San Francisco Bay Area, and Folsom.
The application programmer is responsible for designing and testing program logic, coding programs, program documentation and preparation of programs for computer operations. Applies change management techniques and procedures when updating software. Individual is encouraged and expected to provide coding efficiencies and value adds to new and existing software
- Codes, Tests, Debugs and documents modified and new programs.
- Uses coding methods for specific programming language to enhance or initiate efficient program execution and performance and to reach optimum hardware use.
- Monitors production programs for expected performance and responds to errors and emergency problems.
- Works within specifications provided to meet programming assignment goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Takes independent action to correct problems encountered during systems operations within authority level granted by the IT Operations Manager.
- Maintains integrity of program logic and coding, and establishes required checks and balances for operational controls.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of computer operating procedures and operating standards.
- Assists in studying and analyzing data processing functions, methods and procedures, and makes recommendations concerning the feasibility of revising existing programs or adapting new applications to data processing operations that will more effectively use Technology resources
- Produces procedural and technical documentation as required.
- Works directly with Business Systems Analyst to deliver bug free solutions that meet objectives and specifications stated by the requestor in the Business Requirements Document (BRD).
- Adhere to System Development Guidelines including but not limited to Change Management Procedures.
- Designs programs following naming and coding conventions established by the organization.
- Evaluate, present, and implement solutions as needed, specifically for Digital Channels with an emphasis on home and mobile banking.
- Novice to Adequate skills at providing estimates and work breakdowns to management staff.
- Report periodically to various entities in the organization, stakeholders, customers, end users, etc. that have made programming requests.
- Prepare reports on the status, operation and maintenance of applications and system software for use by other IT and support staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent listening and speaking skills.
- Complete required BSA & OFAC training annually
- Understand and adhere to BSA and OFAC policy and procedures.
Education/Work Experience/Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Technology or related discipline. Courses in business and information systems necessary to develop and maintain position proficiency.
- 3+ years of experience in credit union or financial institutions environment.
- Ability to write efficient and maintainable code using object-oriented principles.
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no supervision.
- Proficiency with Windows operating system.
- Proficiency in Windows operating systems and .NET framework
- Proficiency in development tools including Visual Studio
- Proficiency working with Client/Server architectures at various levels.
- Proficiency using MS SQL Server as administrator, programmer and analyst
- Knowledge of SOAP, WPF application development, Windows Forms, XML Web Services, LINQ, MVC Architecture, ASP.NET development, and SQL Server interfacing
- Must be able to apply logical thinking to define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Technical Capacity.
- Must be able to provide interpreted technical instructions to a non-technical audience.
The position demands maturity, flexibility and someone ready to contribute at a high level—and the rewards that come with it.
- Fully paid health insurance premiums
- Quality medical, dental and vision care coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contributions
- Strong commitment to investing in your career and educational advancement by offering up to 100% Tuition reimbursement for approved courses
- Incentive plan
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Provident membership
- Rate discount on home and auto loans
- In-house training
- And much more!
Provident is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are a winner of the Bay Area News Group Top Work Place in 2017 - 2020. Check us out on Glassdoor