The application programmer works within a team and contributes to designing and testing program logic, coding programs, program documentation and preparation of programs for computer operations. Adheres to change management techniques and procedures when updating software. Individual is encouraged and expected to seek coding efficiencies and value adds to new and existing software.
Specific Job Duties
- Codes, Tests, Debugs in a controlled Staging environment.
- Uses coding methods for specific programming language to enhance or initiate efficient program execution and performance and to reach optimum hardware use.
- Monitors production programs for expected and unexpected performance.
- Works within specifications provided to meet programming assignment goals and objectives in a timely and accurate manner.
- Takes the appropriate notification action when problems are encountered during systems operations.
- Maintains integrity of program logic and coding, and establishes required checks and balances for operational controls.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of computer operating procedures and operating standards.
- Assists in studying and analyzing data processing functions, methods and procedures, and makes recommendations concerning the feasibility of revising existing programs or adapting new applications to data processing operations that will more effectively use Technology resources.
- Produces procedural and technical documentation as required.
- Understand the role of Business Systems Analyst and how to interpret the objectives and specifications stated by the requestor in the Business Requirements Document (BRD).
- Adhere to System Development Guidelines including but not limited to Change Management Procedures.
- Designs programs following naming and coding conventions established by the organization.
- Novice to Adequate skills at providing estimates and work breakdowns to management staff.
- Prepare reports on the status of software solutions for use by other IT and support staff.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Technology or related discipline. Courses in business and information systems necessary to develop and maintain position proficiency.
- One to three years of related experience, but will consider new college grad with strong skills in the computer languages listed below.
- Ability to write efficient and maintainable code using object-oriented principles.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with other employees.
- Ability to work independently or with supervision.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system.
- Working knowledge of Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Proficiency in development tools including Visual Studio.
- Working knowledge of Client/Server architectures at various levels.
- Working knowledge of MS SQL Server as a programmer and analyst.
- Knowledge of SOAP, WPF application development, Windows Forms, XML Web Services, LINQ, MVC Architecture, ASP.NET development, and SQL Server interfacing
- Good verbal English communication skills required. Must be able to apply logical thinking to define problems, establish facts and draw valid conclusions. Technical Capacity.
- Good English writing skills required. Must be able to provide interpreted technical instructions to a non-technical audience.
The position demands maturity, flexibility and someone ready to contribute at a high level—and the rewards that come with it.
- Fully paid health insurance premiums
- Quality medical, dental and vision care coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan with matching employer contributions
- Strong commitment to investing in your career and educational advancement by offering up to 100% Tuition reimbursement for approved courses
- Incentive plan
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
- Flexible spending accounts
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Life and AD&D insurance
- Provident membership
- Rate discount on home and auto loans
- In-house training
- And much more!