RedLine Performance Solutions (RedLine) has been in the HPC solutions engineering services business for approximately 20 years and is consistently determined to keep the "bar of excellence" quite high for new hires. This enables RedLine to accomplish what other firms cannot and promotes a high level of staff retention. We offer services ranging from full life cycle HPC systems engineering to remote managed services to HPC program analysis. We are located in the Washington, DC area and are looking for a Database Analyst / Programmer to join us.
This position will work on the National Weather Service (NWS) Private Cloud Integrated Dissemination Program (IDP) infrastructure. The IDP Application Onboarding is mission-critical system support to transition applications and/or web/GIS services from an experimental IT environment to an operational virtualized private cloud infrastructure.
US citizenship and the ability to obtain a Public Trust security clearance are mandatory requirements for this position. The position is located at College Park, MD, however working remotely is an option.
Duties and Responsibilities :
- Migrate software applications, web and GIS services from standalone development/experimental environment to a production virtualized private cloud environment.
- Determine the root cause for slow executing software applications and provide recommendations for improving performance.
- Tune, optimize, and measure application performance over a large scale IT environment.
- Implement data flows required for applications, as necessary.
- Coordinate tasks between multiple teams in different branches and engage customers to determine requirements as needed.
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent
- A minimum 5 years of structured software development experience in project team environments
- Strong experience with web development (e.g., Apache, Tomcat, XML, HTML)
- Strong experience with databases (e.g., PostgreSQL, MySQL)
- Experience with Linux systems
- Experience with source control tools like git and SVN
- Experience working in a virtual cloud based environment, VMWare preferred.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS server and/or GeoServer and OpenLayers
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Puppet, Ansible, CFEngine, or equivalent
- Familiarity with meteorological data encoding techniques (e.g., netCDF, GRIB, BUFR)
- Experience with Splunk or ELK Stack, Elasticsearch.
Travel required: Minimal