GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF POSITION
Oversee programming development solutions as they progress through the System Development Life Cycle, including initiation, system concept development, planning, requirements analysis, design, development, integration, testing, implementation and maintenance.
Direct daily operations of the programming staff through analyzing workflow, establishing priorities, developing standards, and setting deadlines.
Execute strategic plans to drive revenue growth and/or decrease expenses.
Ensure development solutions are in alignment with Credit Union and IT strategies.
Responsible for ensuring that employees deliver consistently high quality service to both internal and external members and that the service being provided is in alignment with our Core Values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Demonstrate enthusiastic support of the corporate mission, core values and long-term objectives. Performs job duties within our bylaws, regulations, Board of Directors' policies, established internal and external service standards and our work procedures.
2. Oversee and utilize the System Development Life Cycle on a daily basis including initiation, concept development, planning, requirement analysis, design, development, implementation and maintenance.
3. Lead staff to conceptualize complex and robust infrastructures that handle the project requirements in an efficient and effective way.
4. Ensure comprehension of project business purpose through research, observation, discussion and evaluation of current processes. Investigate and understand associated risks and cross-impacts of project.
5. Ensure stability, scalability and performance of development solutions.
6. Ensure development solutions align with the project requirements.
7. Ensure accurate development timelines are provided.
8. Ensure development solutions are efficient and require minimum amount of maintenance.
9. Ensure ample documentation of requirements, pseudo-code, design, flow, prototype, user documentation, etc.
10. Review code for use of best practice.
11. Lead staff to execute effective and efficient solutions to resolve technical problems.
12. Effectively plan, prioritize, and manage development initiatives including working on multiple tasks concurrently.
13. Clearly communicate issues with development initiatives in a timely manner.
14. Lead or serve as resource on project teams.
15. Manage Program Development staff to include hiring, supervision, scheduling, professional development, evaluation, recognition, time keeping, and disciplinary actions.
16. Provide training, mentoring and coaching to staff.
17. Create and publish standards, processes and best practice documents to improve the management of the programming team.
18. Maintain knowledge of current and future techniques and technologies through research, training labs, reading, conferences and experimentation with new technologies in the workplace.
19. Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate initiative timelines.
20. Perform any other related duties as required or assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Technical degree required in such disciplines as Computer Engineering, CPA, etc, plus 7 years related experience and/or training, and 3 years related management experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
1. Experience must include at least 5 years with Microsoft SQL, Oracle, MySQL and/or Mongo DB.
3. Experience with Fiserv DNA Creator and/or DNA API preferred, not required.
4. Other desired experience includes rapid application development, integration of third party systems, web design, intuitive user interface design,
5. Suitable combination of education, training or experience, including other degree types will be considered.
6. Substantial knowledge of System Development Life Cycle.
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to clearly articulate and work collaboratively with technical and non-technical members.
8. Ability to work independently with little or no supervision. Strong leadership skills.
9. Team player; Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships.
10. Analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
11. Ability to work collaboratively with technical and non-technical members.
12. Must be service and results oriented, highly motivated, forward and creative thinker.
13. Ability to learn new technologies quickly, especially technologies dealing with software development.
P. O. Box 9 Jacksonville, AR, 72078Contact