Open Edge Database Administrator
Location: Fishers, Indiana
The Open Edge Database Administrator is responsible for multiple standalone and shared databases in an intensive application environment, including routine administrative activities such as cloning, backup, restore and patching. The position will support multiple production Progress Open Edge databases in a 24X7 high availability environment.
Essential Job Functions
- Perform routine DBA activities for Open Edge database instances.
- Build database schema, tables procedures and permissions.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to application support staff and project teams.
- Perform database backups and recovery, Monitor database health, Troubleshoot database issues.
- Open and follow-up on Service support tickets with Progress support.
- Develop; maintain and test database back-up, disaster recovery and capacity planning strategies.
- Prepare and install new application database related software, releases and patches
- Assist users with installation of Progress clients and utilities.
- Create and maintain database administration scripts.
- Respond to and resolve User issues according to defined procedures and standards.
Experience with the Following a Plus:
- Linux and/or Unix
- Large Multi-User Progress Databases
- Open Edge Replication
- Open Edge Management
- Progress AppServer
- Progress v10.2B in a CHUI or GUI Environment.
- Progress Programming Experience
- Progress Sonic
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.