Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced Vendor Manager to develop and manage innovative, scalable, and impactful processes for all aspects of our vendor program including contract review and negotiation, ongoing vendor management, and improvements to vendor operations and ongoing maintenance. This role will work with partners at all levels within Compliance, Legal, Tax, Finance, and Accounting.
This program supports AWS's global Security Assurance organization, and covers a broad range of vendors who provide services to this dynamic organization. AWS Security Assurance works closely with a range of vendors to support global audit and compliance programs focused on meeting global market and regulatory requirements.
The Vendor Manager III will support the Global Vendor Operations and Compliance Managers in the daily tasks required to manage the global vendor portfolio. You will be part of the Global Business Operations team within AWS's Security Assurance organization that ensures that we engage effectively with the right vendors.
• Manage third-party due diligence, onboarding, performance reviews, and contracts.
• Facilitate recurring vendor reviews with internal stakeholders and vendors, and develop and monitor action plans to ensure effective engagement and performance.
• Perform contracts redlining and general document quality reviews before submitting these for stakeholder reviews.
• Actively identify, anticipate, and manage internal (policy) and market requirements for vendor engagement and contracting and ensure that impact is assessed and processes are properly updated.
• Perform required onboarding and maintenance of vendors and ensure compliance with internal policy requirements.
• Support the execution of vendor and contract strategies through cross-functional collaboration. Manage the timeline and achievement of those strategies.
• Support the rationalization of the global vendor portfolio.
• Ensure ongoing data integrity of all service-based vendors inside the vendor database.
• Establish mechanism to manage the contract approvals workflow. Proactively manage potential delays.
• Partner with internal and external stakeholders to gather feedback and ensure all processes are working to provide bar raising service.
• Typical day-to-day: Perform contract/document redlining, maintenance of workflow, and vendor due diligence.
• Bachelor's degree
• 6+ years of relevant experience in retail, cloud, operations, and/or business management/consulting with a proven history of delivering results.
• 5+ year's experience in vendor management and/or contracts review.
• Able to effectively interact with internal and external customers and vendors.
• Excellent, analytical, problem solving, communication, and prioritization skills.
• Advanced presentation skills and oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent project management skills, which include task identification, project planning, ability to coordinate critical activities and proficiency with tools required to pull project together.
• Experience assessing contracts, including MSAs, statements of work, or similar legal documents.
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
• Intermediate or advance proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, including (but not limited to) Word, Excel, Visio, and PowerPoint.
• Knowledge of contracts, billing and frameworks.
• Significant contract and legal knowledge.
• Capacity to multi-task, prioritize and juggle competing priorities.
• Previous career experience within cloud industry or Fortune 100
• Comprehensive knowledge of third party and risk management processes and methodologies
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at