Minneapolis, MN Salary:
This Senior Project Architect position is responsible for the end to end architecture and design for geospatial project efforts, including RFI/RFP activities, gathering, documenting and testing non-functional requirements, high-level design development, detailed design development, documentation of various technical artifacts, troubleshooting of technical issues, interaction with the Technical Review Board to successfully traverse the architectural gate process for the project, and managing the technical change process for successful deployment of the solution.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Hands-on leadership position delivering a solution that leverages vendor products as well as enterprise tools to enable business capabilities in the Operations area.
- Examines existing design documentation, translates requirements and use cases, drives identification of nonfunctional requirements and drives the decomposition of high level designs into detailed designs.
- This position requires excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- This position is ultimately responsible for the overall solution architecture design and successful implementation of the solution into production.
- Create high level and detail level design for Geospatial software solutions.
- Develop artifacts to be used in downstream Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) phases.
- Review and obtain approval of design artifacts with technology Domain Leads and Enterprise Architecture Review Boards.
- Setup of test, development and production environments.
- Coordinate software installation and configuration.
- Provide leadership to in house and vendor technical resources, working with PM on suggested work assignments and leading team from design to solution.
- Serve as liaison to other teams involved in project, coordinating integration work.
- Work with Test Lead to coordinate environments and help coordinate technical resources to support testing activities.
- Work closely with PM, providing status updates on risks, issues and tasks completions.
- Coordinate technical aspects of deployment, including hardware installation, environment setup, production certification, and software deployment.
- Work with software vendors as needed to coordinate software deliveries, provide detailed information on bugs, etc.
Skill Set Requirements:
- Minimum 10 years experience creating high level designs, detailed designs and solution architectures.
- Documented experience managing large, complex software projects.
- Demonstrated experience implementing complex COTS applications with multiple integrations to other enterprise and legacy applications.
- Documented experience with all aspects of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) including requirements, planning, high level and detailed design, execution, testing and defect remediation, and implementation.
- Proven experience in functional and technical architecture, design and development, testing, and system integration.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze strategic business objectives and align those objectives with technologies and resources to deliver on tactical solutions.
- Proven experience with various enterprise application integration technologies, specifically GIS, ESB, SOAP/Webservice, SAP and database integrations.
- Familiarity with security considerations. Ability to coordinate with a dedicated security team.
- Experience coordinating development/technical activities across a large organization
- Experience working within the utility industry. Familiarity with Gas and Electric Distribution Design, Work Management, SAP or GIS preferred.
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com