Project Controls Manager IV
Long term, 2 years or up yo completion of up to 3 years contract in South San Francisco. There is a possibility of going perm.
The Project Controls Manager will assist and support the PM and Lead Project Controls Manager to coordinate and enforce the necessary Project Controls.
- Ensure that the Project Financial Accounting Processes are carried out in accordance with the Project Financial Accounting Procedure [EM .10] and the Project Financial Accounting Plan.
- Ensure transparent and consistent adherence to local financial accounting laws and principles including tax and duties issues.
- Establish and maintain a control budget. The control budget is subject to variance as the project evolves and develops through the life cycle.
- Collects review and reconcile actual and committed cost data in the cost control systems.
- Periodically, calculate the Value of Work in Place (VoWP) and extrapolate earned value.
- Periodically, calculate the estimated cost to compete (ETC) and update the contingency run-down during the DD and CC phases on a monthly basis.
- Extract, track and monitor all project financials from SAP for current project commitments and actual spend trends against current credit applications.
- Plan project and program level cash flows reports for the executive level leadership team.
- Track forecast trends from Project Change Review meetings to report to the management team.
- Coordinate with vendors and Procurement in regard to changes in scope.
- Responsible for supporting the development, implementation and updating the Project Financial Accounting Plan.
- Specify cost coding while placing purchase orders.
- Ensure actual data figures in Local Accounting System are project related and coded accurately.
- Support local finance department in financial project close.
- Assist with development of Integrated baseline schedule (level 2) in P6
- QA Contractor/Vendor schedules for compliance with schedule requirements
- Support development of WBS (Work Breakdown Structure) in P6
- Assess credibility of information contained in the schedule using bench mark data
- Support resource loading to a level 2 schedule
- Assist with development of Rules of Credit (ROC) for progress measurement / Earned value management in P6
- Support collection of weekly updates from leads and vendors
- B.S. in business related field preferred with a background in Accounting with a minimum of 5 10 years of experience or the equivalent.
- Knowledge of business administration or finance and accounting.
- Experienced user of project control and report writing software including Skire Unifier, MS Project and SAP Web Intelligence Report Design.
- Experience as a quantity surveyor and cost consultant in the Building & Civil Engineering industry.
- Experience/ Knowledge in cost advice & cost planning, tendering and contractual arrangements; contract documentation; post contract services.
- Experience/ Knowledge in resource determination; property development and project management.
- Experience in the preparation of Bills of Quantities and Tender Inquiry Documents; preparation of draft expert witness reports; statement of claims/ reply for litigation, arbitration and adjudications including necessary coordination works.
- Experienced accounting person, preferably with exposure to cost accounting in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be highly organized and possess strong communication skills and be a self-starter.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft office suite programs.
- Excellent collaboration and communication skills are required.
- Compliance to cGMP requirements.
- Demonstrate good record keeping practices and attention to detail.
EXCELLENT VERBAL AND WRITTEN COMMUNICATION SKILLS
STRONG COMMUNICATION SKILLS