The IT Division is responsible for the development, implementation, and operations of information systems for States, Jurisdiction, and Federal agencies doing business related to and/or using information from the administration of motor vehicles and driver licenses.
The Project Coordinator shall be responsible for managing smaller projects and/or supporting the Project Director in managing large-scale projects. The Project Coordinator shall develop project management plans, schedules, estimates and other project related documentation, in coordination with the Project Director. The Project Coordinator also coordinates work between project teams to keep the projects and all related processes running smoothly.
The Project Coordinator shall have the ability to create, edit, and track project deliverables and presentations using the MS Office Suite, MS Project, MS Visio, and JIRA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Project Coordination (70%)
In coordination with the Project Director, manage and/or support management of the project from initiation to closure; develop project plans, estimates, proposals, progress reports, and closeout documents.
- Liaison between all the various teams working in a project.
- Monitor project progress, milestone, deliverables, quality assurance, and customer service.
- Report status to Project Director and to project’s stakeholders when necessary.
- Identify and resolve risks that impact project completion.
- Establish project communication plans and interface with project stakeholders.
- Ensure system quality and conformance to AAMVA’s published standards.
- Coordinate planning, development, testing, documentation, and deployment of system to ensure timely deliverables, project success and quality.
- Create work breakdown structure to estimate tasks required for projects.
- Moderate internal and external project meetings, which include developing the agenda, facilitating the meeting and documenting meeting minutes for distribution.
- Review schedules with the Project Director on a weekly basis, and support resolving any issues and problems throughout the project life cycle.
- Support management of project scope by documenting scope changes and coordinating approval per the change request process.
- Budget Monitoring (10%)
- Support Project Director to develop detailed budgets and monitor project spending.
- In coordination with the Project Director, support performing necessary budget corrections.
- Interface with the Finance Division to review project invoices, when necessary.
3. PMO procedure and Life Cycle Methodology (20%)
- Support development and maintenance of project management procedures.
- Participate in project debriefings to analyze lessons learned and track recommendations for improvement.
- Support development and maintenance of the System Development Life Cycle.
- Participate in staff training activities and mentoring as they relate to SDLC methodology.
- Support development of tools and best practices for project management and execution.
- Ensure all project documents are version controlled in the project document repository.
- Conduct lessons learned post implementation, and institute corrective and preventive actions.
Direct Reports to this Position: None
Bachelor's degree in a related field and 4+ years of experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Eight years of progressive experience in the Information Technology field, ideally in the development and/or maintenance of software applications in heterogeneous environment (servers and mainframe).
- Two years of progressive experience in Project Management to include planning, scheduling, cost estimations, WBS creations, and use of PM tools to manage projects (e.g. MS Project, JIRA, Microsoft Teams, and Azure DevOps)
- Attention to detail; Hands-on person
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with customers and elicit cooperation from team members from other departments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experienced in developing and presenting of briefings to stakeholders
- Must be able to work independently and as an effective team member in a collaborative environment
- Ability to travel if needed within the Continental US
Disclaimer Statement: The preceding job description has been written to reflect management’s assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.