Day to Day Responsibilities of this Position and Description of Project:
Supports a Senior Project Manager (BIT) or Portfolio manager ensuring project artifacts are developed, maintained, and stored according to policies, procedures and meets quality standards. Aids in the development and implementation process of highly complex, sensitive, and high-profile projects which involve departmental or cross-functional teams focused on delivery of new or existing programs, processes and/or products. Provides coordination and support for the project from initiation through delivery. Interfaces primarily with the project team to drive projects to desired result and report on project status. Responsible for working within a cross-functional team. Responsibilities :
- Supports complex projects (mandates) of diverse scope.
- Ability to support and in some cases determine key business issues, develop effective action plans, and implement to successful conclusion.
- Takes meeting notes, logs issues, action items and decisions, and follow up on the status.
- Creates meeting materials and initial draft of project deliverables ( project deliverables are owned and the responsibility of the manager ).
- Builds out visuals as needed to support the team.
- Schedules cross functional project team meetings
- Facilitates risk/issue project related sessions to drive to conclusion.
- May provide support for budget tracking.
- Maintains project deliverables associated to the PMLC, includes quality control.
Internal/External Groups with which the Candidate will interface with: External groups limited to IT resources from select set of vendors Will this candidate interface with IT and business teams? If so, which ones? Yes, primarily with the project team. IT team can range from application development, data services, QA, Infrastructure, Architecture, Security How does this project impact the line of business or BSC as a whole? Support Mandates Portfolio Required Skills (top 3 to 5/ non-negotiables): What you like to see on resumes? (nice to have) 1. PM support (scheduling/scribing meetings, drafting documents, creating weekly status reports, etc., follow-up on issues and resolution)
1. Specific experience as it relates to required and desired skills 2. Resource & budget tracking
2. Experience / exposure to Agile methodology 3. Portfolio/Program Manager support 3. 4. Approving resource timesheets (Planview is system of use at BSC) 4. 5. 5. Disqualifiers or Dislikes on Resumes: Any resume more than 3 pages Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree or higher preferred but not required Required Testing: n/a Software Skills Required: MS Project, Planview, or similar project management tool ;
MS Office Suite (MS Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio) Required Certifications: PMP Preferred but not required; SAFe Scrum Master or CSM desired