Taking care of our customers, our communities and each other. That's the Travelers Promise. By honoring this commitment, we have maintained our reputation as one of the best property casualty insurers in the industry for over 160 years. Join us to discover a culture that is rooted in innovation and thrives on collaboration. Imagine loving what you do and where you do it.Target Openings
1Job Description Summary
This position is responsible for the management and implementation of medium to large size projects supporting the development of our employees to advance the agile product management practices. The Project Director is focused on agile product management to optimize product discovery and delivery. Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- The Project Director supports the one-on-one or group development of the Agile Product Management discipline through the Community of Practice
- The Project Director understands the vision, strategy, business outcomes and products for the supported individuals and teams.
- The Project Director enables the Product Teams to build the 'right things' with best practices, and tools through coaching & development.
- The Project Director works with minimal supervision and is responsible for applying advanced Project Management knowledge, skills, tools and techniques to deliverables, processes, and systems in order to meet or exceed stakeholder needs and expectations.
- The Project Director will enable the advancement of agile product management practices to drive product outcomes that align with the overall business strategy.
Education, Work Experience, & Knowledge
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 5 years of project management experience required.
Job Specific Technical Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred
- 7 years of project management experience preferred.
- 2 years of experience managing others and/or project/product teams preferred.
- Experience in one or multiple roles on an Agile team, including at least 5 years as a Product Owner/Manager preferred.
- Experience in facilitation and training preferred.
- Very active in mentoring and coaching
- Able to influence behaviors of individuals and leaders at all levels and without traditional hierarchy.
- Stays current on the Agile product management community and industry trends to inform and influence advancing practices.
- Strong understanding and ability to articulate business value of Agile product management practices.
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer. We value the unique abilities and talents each individual brings to our organization and recognize that we benefit in numerous ways from our differences.
If you have questions regarding the physical requirements of this role, please send us an email so we may assist you.
Travelers reserves the right to fill this position at a level above or below the level included in this posting.