The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.Job Summary
The National Systems Group serves as the technical advisor to the Intelligence Community and its mission partners involved in the collection and distribution of national and tactical intelligence, including electronics programs, advanced technologies, ground and communications, imagery programs, and systems engineering and launch.
We are looking for a project engineer to support the Strategies, Architectures and Shared Services (SASS) department in the Ground Enterprise Subdivision. In this role you will design system and software test planning and execution campaigns supporting ground system and architecture modernization efforts. Your system engineering expertise will shape and develop current and future services in support of the next generation of ground architecture and data services for ingest, discovery, and delivery.
This position requires 100% on-site work with the customer in Chantilly, VA. This position is available as Project Engineer or Sr. Project Engineer. What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Work closely with SETA to develop System Engineering Plans, Test Implementation Plans, and User Interface Specification documents
- Lead mission assessments to help the customer deliver end-to-end capabilities across the Enterprise to deliver data-driven systems
- Direct customer engagement developing verification and validation plans that interface with multiple stakeholder applications and systems
- Participate in technical and project engineering activities including, but not limited to, requirements development and software delivery (test, installation, checkout) and integration
- Work across other Ground Enterprise programs to address common challenges and provide collaborative solutions
- Work collaboratively with external stakeholders in integrated product teams that include government, FFRDC, and contractor members
Minimum Requirements for a Project Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Science or equivalent.
- At least 8 years of progressively more responsible engineering experience.
- Experience in the acquisition, development and/or operations of software centric systems and a background in systems engineering
- Experience with agile development practices
- This position requires a current and active TS/SCI security clearance and polygraph, which is issued by the US government. U.S citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance
In addition to the above, a Sr. Project Engineer
requires the following:
How You Can Stand Out
- Twelve (12) or more years of overall experience
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- ground systems engineering
- modernizing ground architectures
- software test, verification, validation, and sustainment
- general systems engineering and integration for ground or space systems
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- An advanced degree
- Experience working with the NRO and/or NGA systems architecture
- Experience with NRO & NGA System Engineering best practices
- Understanding of end-to-end TCPED process in support of IC & DoD
- Experience leading small teams
- Must be proactive, have excellent communication and inter-personal skills and be able to employ corporate resources effectively to address customer study needs
- Strong examples of your ability to make connections across multiple organizations
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation. Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .