Project Engineer, Battery Pack Development - Towson, MDMake Your Mark. Shape Your Future.
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 56,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
As a Project Engineer, you'll be part of our Battery Pack Development team located in Location. You'll get to:
Who You Are
- Develop advanced design concepts for lithium ion battery packs.
- Collaborate with engineering, marketing and operations colleagues to identify system pain points in existing and future products and develop proactive solutions in advance of milestone project timelines.
- Convert novel ideas into patent applications to expand SBD's portfolio of intellectual property. Review competitive patent activity and report to key stakeholders.
- Understand internal stakeholder and end customer needs and intersect these with new technology trends to research and propose creative, new solution concepts to define the future of cordless power tool platforms. Expected to develop a mix of incremental improvement and big swing ideas.
- Apply engineering concepts and creativity to develop a safe, innovative, reliable, and high performance battery packs. Support product development teams to ensure cordless tool systems delight customers.
- Be flexible to shift focus to solving urgent design challenges.
- Evaluate and recommend design improvements to enable improvements in manufacturing to enable automation and continuous quality improvement.
- Write internal white papers on design and process best practices.
- Effectively drive advanced root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions.
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You'll Receive
- B.S. or equivalent in Mechanical engineering or Electrical Engineering discipline
- Minimum 5 years of experience in product development experience, including development of lithium ion battery packs and products/solutions requiring custom printed circuit board design.
- Experience developing and launching high volume consumer products or electric conversion of vehicles/equipment is desired. System architecture experience is a plus.
- Creative thinker who has demonstrated taking ideas from concept to successful completion. Able to complete pre-milestone developments and hand off to waiting project teams for full execution.
- Strong 3D modeling skills, CATIA V5 is a plus. Thermal analysis using software such as FloEFD is a plus.
- Familiarity with Printed Circuit Board design and associated manufacturing processes of electronic assemblies.
- Experience in design of plastic components, metallic components, working with various materials. Knowledgeable in tradeoffs of using various materials. Experience in the design of custom terminal contact systems and high current fuses is very desired.
- Able to manage multiple priorities and meet schedule commitments.
- Possesses good communication skills and is adept at analyzing, summarizing and presenting technical data.
- Strong commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Strong hands on capability to develop and test prototypes and new test methods. Willing to take on any role to achieve project goals. Able to rapidly brainstorm, create, test, fail and respin or bookshelf ideas.
- Demonstrated understanding of quality, performance, schedule and cost objectives in a cross functional and / or technical environment.
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
How You'll Feel
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!I-JL1
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.