About CF Industries:
At CF Industries, our mission is to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably. Our employees are focused on safe and reliable operations, environmental stewardship, and disciplined capital and corporate management. By joining CF, you will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and where you can be yourself at work, as part of an authentic team that encourages you to share your views and opinions. Our nine manufacturing complexes in the United States, Canada, and the United Kingdom, an unparalleled storage, transportation and distribution network in North America, and logistics capabilities enabling a global reach underpin our strategy to leverage our unique capabilities to accelerate the world's transition to clean energy. Function:
Engineering and Engineering Services Job Summary:
The Project Engineer is responsible for designing, planning, and managing construction of engineering projects for Distribution Facilities. Project work includes: conducting technical audits and investigations into processes of each terminal facility within CF Industries' distribution system; overseeing and ensuring proper maintenance, operation, and installation of installed equipment; designing and establishing the specifications for assigned project installations; and overseeing and ensuring proper procedure of all project work from inception through completion. Job Description: Key Job Elements:
Successful incumbents will have:
- Provides engineering assistance to ensure compliance with all laws/regulations and standard operating procedures.
- Serves as resource regarding facility operation in the areas of; process evaluation/improvement, project definition, development and implementation; and, specifications for repair parts and replacement items
- Coordinates field work of and controls/monitors on-site contractors.
- Prepares or assists in preparation of project budgets for Approval for Expenditures (AFEs) or Non-Routine Maintenance (NRMs).
- Controls/monitors project costs within corporate guidelines.
- Maintains ongoing familiarization with all procedures, equipment, and processes.
- Creates and maintains process and instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs) and instrumentation loop diagrams.
- Assists and provides engineering support to Distribution Facility personnel.
- Other projects as assigned.
- BS in Engineering from an ABET-accredited program with preference toward mechanical, chemical, or electrical engineering.
- Three to seven years' experience related to facility design, operations, and regulations.
- Electrical Engineering candidates should have experience and willingness to assist with establishing a robust electrical design process and standards. This includes instrumentation standards and best practices, interlock narratives, and control schemes.
- Ability to effectively communicate/interact with all employee levels.
- Ability to organize/prioritize projects and related tasks and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to gain sound knowledge of all terminals throughout distribution system and be able to recognize potentials for improvement.
This position is critical to project design, evaluation and execution in all areas related to Distribution Facilities. Travel to facilities and related conferences/seminars is required as needed. Typical annual time spent traveling is approximately 40%. Trips are typically within North America and last 1-3 day/1-2 nights.What We Offer:
You'll enjoy competitive compensation, consisting of base pay plus an incentive program available to all full-time employees, and a comprehensive benefits package including high-quality healthcare options, a well-being incentive program, 401k, pension, life and disability insurance, generous time off (with time off to volunteer) and much more! Additionally, we offer several Flexible Work Arrangements to support a healthy work-life balance.
You will be part of a team that brings their varied experiences, wide-ranging knowledge and diverse talents together to deliver important work, and you'll be able to pursue complex, exciting opportunities that help you continue to grow and achieve your potential in different areas. You'll take pride in working for a company that lives its values and gain a sense of fulfillment knowing that you're working with purpose, to provide clean energy to feed and fuel the world sustainably.
- CF Industries is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Employees in the US can learn more about their rights by viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster (PDF) and others as detailed below:
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
- Employees in Canada can learn more about their rights by viewing the "Canadian Human Rights Act".
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at CF Industries, or if you need reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call 847-405-2400 or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org . JOIN OUR TALENT NETWORK