The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves. We remain committed to maintaining a safe environment for hiring as we look forward to the future of work. Click here for information on Aerospace's COVID-19 directives and safety procedures implemented to keep our workplace safe.Job Summary
This position will support the National Nuclear Security Administration Defense Programs, through data analytics to support system engineering and integration (SE&I). The candidate will develop and execute studies such as distributed data architectures, systems architecture analyses, technology development planning and evaluation, and other related assessments. This will require the candidate to work collaboratively with program development and program execution staff to fully leverage the Aerospace Corporation's technical capabilities in relevant areas to best support the NNSA.
This position will be located in Alexandria, VA or Albuquerque, NM.What You'll Be Doing
What You Need to be Successful
- Research and identify data analysis and development tools and platforms to capture stakeholder and system requirements, facilitate discussion and understanding of data engineering solutions, and enhance the data engineering culture
- Lead development and delivery of resilient and efficient data platforms for enterprise
- Integrate and combine models with other digital engineering initiatives to address unique data analytics problem sets that includes development of solutions to receive, ingest, process and extract data to serve federal and contractor needs
- Analyze and develop solutions to manage the movement of data between environments to support model development
- Collaborate with internal technical support members and teams to develop optimized data analytics solutions to support Enterprise Digital Engineering development
- Conduct analysis and facilitate development of data solutions that support model development that supports acquisition and sustainment programs
- Gather and collate new data sources for Enterprise integration
- Identify and develop process improvements for automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, and enhancing ingestion
- Generate accurate and effective documentation
How You Can Stand Out
- Bachelor's or advanced degree from an accredited program in Computer Science or other applicable STEM concentrations
- Defense or Commercial industry experience
- Working experience building data platforms and architectures for diverse data domains
- Working experience with NoSQL data store solutions (e.g., Mongodb, Cassandra, Neo4j)
- Experience with manipulating, transforming, and extracting value from large data sets
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of programming language (Python, Java are great!)
- Ability to support and work with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) combined with a strong collaborative drive
- Function individually, as well as with partners and teammates across several time zones
- Technical mindset and desire to learn new tools and approaches
- Experience in program controls and quality, including tasks such as requirements flow-down, interface definition, resource loaded schedules, change control processes, system performance analysis, programmatic risk management, cost, schedule and performance trades, and technology development investment analyses.
- Three years or more of experience in data analysis for acquisition programs or lifecycle analysis
- Demonstrated capability to perform analysis and technical product delivery, as evidenced through examples of recent integrated work products
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- Some travel is required.
It would be impressive if you have one or more of these:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- An advanced degree in Data Science and Analytics (or similar).
- Experience with big data tools: Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Yarn is a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership and teaming skills in tasks such as formulating enterprise level solutions, executing and leading studies, collaborating with diverse teams to create holistic solutions through application of data analytics tools and methods.
- Experience in systems engineering, program controls and quality, including tasks such as requirements flow-down, interface definition, resource loaded schedules, documentation repositories, change control processes, system performance analysis, programmatic risk management, cost, schedule and performance trades, and technology development investment analyses
- Experience with cloud native application development and deployment
- Experience with NNSA Defense Programs areas of responsibilities
- Understanding of basic project leadership principles such as Schedule Performance Index/Cost Performance Index, Earned Value, Cost Account Management (CAM), and Statistical Process Controls
- Current Top Secret clearance
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation. Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com . You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law and the supplement , as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .