Lead Project Metallurgist - Towson, MD
Come Make the World With Us
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 54,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world's most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.What You'll Do
As a Lead Project Metallurgist, you'll be part of our GTS team located in Towson, MD. You'll get to:
Who You Are:
- Lead Towson metallics team of engineers & technicians.
- Support New Product Development, Resident Engineering, Purchasing and Operations
- Utilize technical expertise and problem-solving skills for manufacturing and sourcing issues.
- Work directly with suppliers to ensure consistent quality of components & raw materials.
- Identify and implement materials and processing alternatives for Value Improvement and Warranty initiatives.
- Provide leadership, advice, and engineering expertise to colleagues, and you'll mentor, train, and develop junior engineers
- Investigate design issues & test failures, and effectively identify, recommend, and implement corrective actions to components and/or mfg. process.
- Travel as necessary to suppliers, conferences, and manufacturing facilities. Approximately 25% expected.
You always strive to do a good job...but wouldn't it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality - at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You're not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have:
What You'll Receive:
- Bachelor's degree in Metallurgical or Materials Engineering with 10+ years related experience.
- At least 5 years of experience in supervising engineers, and you enjoy coaching, mentoring, and developing talent
- Proficient in metallic material properties and processes
- Capable of providing technical support to engineering, manufacturing and purchasing, including process and supplier development, materials evaluation, process troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Experienced with manufacturing processes such as, but not limited to die casting, heat treatment, machining, powdered metal processing, etc
- A proven track record in Project Management; You are familiar managing New Product Development projects within a Stage Gate Process, are highly organized, and comfortable reporting out to management.
- Understanding of Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerances GD&T per ASME Y14.5-2009.
- Possible international travel to visit manufacturing locations (post-COVID)
You'll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.How You'll Feel:
We want our company to be a place you'll want to be - and stay. Being part of our team means you'll get to:
Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What's more, you'll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We're more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We're visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we've been in the past, we have so much further to go. That's where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.