Primary owner to the design function of assigned projects that install or maintain overhead and underground equipment for various company projects requiring communication and coordination between Distribution, Substation, Transmission engineering, field and support personnel, company management, and external entities. Under minimal direction, develops the scope and cost estimates, design and drawing layout, labor, equipment and material specifications necessary to accurately estimate costs for the most complex and technically demanding projects. Performs office and field technical work to determine design and customer requirements for electric facilities according to company standards. Works with city, county, state, company, and other personnel as needed to optimize the design criteria for electric installations and modifications. Assists and works with other company departments and external entities on requests and specialized services as needed to support the company. Assists design services management with budget, planning, scheduling, government entity communications and other duties as needed
A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Technology, Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering or equivalent technical field such as Construction Science and Management is preferred. Requires a High School diploma. The ideal candidate will have related experience in technical design, project management skills, and experience leading contractors or employees in a technical function. Excellent communication, teamwork, computer, and technical skills are essential to success in this role.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
The position will require work in unrelated processes and methods, and requires constructive thinking to analyze, interpret, or evaluate issues to a prompt resolution and work within short time frames. Skills are necessary in planning, organizing, oral and written communication, prioritizing and team building. The successful candidate must be personal computer fluent with
Proficiency in spreadsheets and word processing. The preferred candidate will also have experience with electric utility work management and GIS systems. Applicant must be a highly motivated self-starter with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks in an ever-changing environment. Excellent customer service and public relations skills are required.
• Must exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills in English that will be utilized to accomplish required coordination between other company departments and external entities.
• Must have good intermediate math, business/technical writing skills, and technical reading skills.
• Must have knowledge of electric Distribution, Substation, and Transmission facilities.
• Must have the ability to handle stressful situations appropriately.
• Must be an effective project manager.
• Must have the ability to perform the physical activities of the job (includes, but not limited to hearing, seeing, walking, talking, reading, typing, writing, color distinction, depth perception, working outside in adverse conditions, and lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, etc.).
This position will be primarily working remote until we are cleared to return to the office. Occasional office use is allowed for use of vehicles and gathering of equipment that may be needed at home or during job site visits. Candidate will need to have a valid driver license upon start of this position. Client will provide all necessary IT equipment. Candidate is responsible for providing reliable internet connection while working remote.
This position will be traveling to assigned project locations both during remote work as well as when we are cleared to return to the office.