World Wide Technology (WWT) is a global technology integrator and supply chain solutions provider. Through our culture of innovation, we inspire, build and deliver business results, from idea to outcome.
Based in St. Louis, WWT works closely with industry leaders such as Cisco, HP, EMC, NetApp, Citrix, VMware and Dell, focusing on three market segments: Fortune 500 companies, service providers and the public sector. WWT employs more than 3,800 people and operates more than 2 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution and integration space strategically located throughout the world. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the fifth consecutive year.
World Wide Technology, Inc. has an opportunity available for a Project Engineer to support our Integration Technology Center team located in Edwardsville, IL. A Project Engineer performs work that crosses the boundaries between engineering and project management, leading the technical workers who execute the production functions. The project engineer works with Sales, Business Development, Program Managers and Project Managers to develop new projects. The Project Engineer is a primary technical point of contact for the ITC.RESPONSIBILITIES:
A Project Engineer's responsibilities include schedule preparation and resource forecasting for engineering and other technical activities relating to the project. This person will have direct contact with customers and vendors. He/she ensures projects are completed according to project plans. The role of a Project Engineer is to on-board and deliver solutions before transitioning to production operations, with responsibilities including, but not limited to:
• Gather all requirements and specifications from customers and OEM's and translate needed requirements into build instructions, as built documentation, and integration workbooks to be utilized in a production environment • Execute successful integration for technology solutions per specifications and/or configuration instructions
utilizing both industry and WWT best practices.
• Configuration of multiple vendor networking, wireless, and collaboration devices.
• Configuration of core network storage and server technologies.
• VPN/remote connection setup and infrastructure support for remote configurations.
• Develop project timelines regarding the technical execution of the solution within the ITC.
• Troubleshooting defective devices, logical issues, or systematic errors on a wide range of technologies.
• Provide technical guidance, knowledge transfers and mentorship to peers.
• Review and provide SME level expertise for customer Proof of Concepts (POC).
• Communicate project status to both internal and external stakeholders on a continuous basis.QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor's Degree in Technology and Minimum 3-5 years experience in information technology field with at least 2 years specializing in configuring and supporting the integration of enterprise network and storage solutions or equivalent experience.
• 1 year direct work experience in a project management capacity.
• Ability to read engineering drawings such as rack elevations and cable run list schematics, detailing all in-rack connections (Example: power, data networking and storage) Knowledge of industry standards and best practices for structured cabling systems using various cable types (cat 5e, cat 6, multi-mode and single-mode fiber, etc.)
• Knowledge of data center electrical requirements and conversions (i.e. Kilowatts, Amps, phases, UPS, etc.)
• 3+ years hands-on experience configuring and troubleshooting issues on a Cisco network.
• Familiarity with Cisco Unified Communication Manager - configuration, installation and troubleshooting (CUCM, CTS Manager, Interoperability, MCU, Device registrations, SIP and H.323).
• Familiarity with design fundamentals, and initial setup and configuration tasks associated with the build-out of VMware vSphere solutions.
• Understanding of server platforms, including Windows Server, ESXi, Redhat, LINUX and UNIX operating systems.
• Proficient understanding of hardware platforms, such as HP Blade chassis, and HP standalone servers, Cisco UCS B and C series, Cisco WAVE and WAS.
• Familiarity with Local and Wide Area Networks and Data Communications including the internet, DHCP, and DNS.
• Solid understanding of current data center and network technologies that are commonly running as part of the IT infrastructure for Fortune 500 companies.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential with the ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities and the ability to prioritize in a high-pressure environment
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled